Senior Stock Controller
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 years
Job Field Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Reporting to: Director of Logistics
Job Tier Level:
The Stock Accountant is responsible forensuring accurate and efficient management of stocks in RD stores (with correct stock entries which are updated in a timely manner). He/she will ensure that stock control procedures are in place and adhered to in order to safe guard Company stocks.
- To manage all stock controllers across the regions
- To ensure Management appraisals are completed quarterly
- To take responsibility for personal and professional development.
- The Stock Accountant is the custodian of stock records/balances, responsible for physical verification, regular reconciliations and general monitoring of stock activity;
- Assist in developing and implementing inventory policies and procedures;
- Prepare and distribute daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc inventory levels and consumption reports to all the relevant stakeholders;
- Facilitate and participate in monthly and annual stock counts in the field;
- Perform monthly stock reconciliations of physical counts against OT for all regional distributors inventory and highlight variances to the operations department;
- Reconcile stock deliveries with purchase orders and actual invoices.
- Coordinate with warehouse team to implement and ensure a control system to reduce inventory obsolescence;
- Support accurate and timely reporting through ensuring all stock data is updated correctly;
- Carry out spot checks on stock balances in the Rd stores against the records capture any anomalies;
- Any other office duty as assigned by the line manager
- Manage, monitor, reconcile and account for stocks at RD premises
- Report on all stock movement and stock position daily, weekly and monthly
- To achieve product traceability from RD to RO, SEP and to end user
- Ensure Paygo stocks are not cannibalized while under care of Partners
- Degree inbusiness/finance related field
- Prior Supplier experience in inventory management
- Minimum experience of 2 years in warehouse environment
- Understanding of Warehouse processes and procedures
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
Skills and Key Competencies:
- Specific experience in stock accounting and management
- Good understanding of stock-related operational and control requirements;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Team player with good communication skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management
- Analytical mind with ability to make accurate mathematical computations.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
d.light is a global leader and pioneer in delivering affordable solar-powered solutions designed for the two billion people in the developing world without access to reliable energy. d.light provides distributed solar energy solutions for households and small businesses that are transforming the way people all over the world use and pay for energy. Through four hubs in Africa, China, South Asia and the United States, d.light has sold close to twenty million solar light and power products in 62 countries, improving the lives of over 80 million people. d.light is dedicated to providing the most reliable, affordable and accessible solar lighting and power systems for the developing world and reaching 100 million people by 2020. Vision: d.light envisions a future where everyone is empowered by the freedom and improved quality of life that comes with access to reliable, affordable, clean solar energy. Mission: To create a brighter future by making clean energy products universally available and affordable Goal: Before the end of 2020, d.light will have helped to transform the lives of 100 million people. Values: We live the values of i.HOPE - Innovative, Honest, Optimistic, Passionate and Empathetic