Accounting and Administration Analyst
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 years
Job Field Administration / Secretarial , Finance / Accounting / Audit
To enable Cytonn Properties provide efficient accounting and administration duties with precision to its tenants and residents, we are is looking for a dynamic and hardworking individual who is attentive to details and has strong entrepreneurial skills to join the Facility and Property Management team as a Accounting and Administration Analyst.
- Perform period-end closing activities, including billing of utility, rent, service charge and property management fees from the facilities and management system, in addition to issuing statements by 1st of each month.
- Track compliance on collections of billed amounts and apply policy in place to enhance collection and record and collect penalties imposed.
- Process in the system daily deposits and create deposit detail, receipt of payments journals, file paper documentation.
- Perform bank and cash reconciliations and substantiate financial transactions with verified source documentation.
- Generate monthly, quarterly and annual financials and accounting reports.
- Prepare annual budgets and review expense ledgers and assist in recovery reconciliations including to ensure cost-effectiveness.
- Review service contract and the associated bills, including the procurement and settlement of the service providers payments as per the contracts.
- Review renovations or refurbishments quotes that will be presented against approved budgets by the Management Company.
- Conduct annual audit and present financials to Management Company.
- In coordination with facility manager/caretaker, ensure compliance to all procedures as listed in the lease and the Property Manager agreement.
- Advising the Facility Manager/Caretaker on increasing energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness measures.
- Monitor that service level maintenance contracts schedules are performed as per contracts and scheduled where necessary to ensure that they meet the needs of the facility.
- Ensure that facilities meet government regulations including payment of statutory requirements such as rent and rates and also meet environmental, health and safety standards.
- In coordination with Facility Manager/Caretaker, processing move-ins including leases issued to tenants of units managed by the property manager, tenancy application form for all tenants, as well as processing move-outs in the tenancy clearance exit form for any admin & accounting issues.
- Adequate supervision of the multi-disciplinary teams of service contract providers staff including cleaning, maintenance, grounds and security.
- Drafting reports and making written recommendations.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to the Analyst.
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya or equivalent qualification (CPA-K, ACCA), Degree is not a must.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in property management will be an added advantage.
- Communication and influencing skills, in person and in writing, and customer service skills.
- Analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- A team player with ability to lead and manage teams.
- Attention to detail but also the ability to see the implications for the bigger picture, including having a commercial sense.
- Organization skills with good time management skills and ability to multi task, prioritise and to handle a complex, varied workload.
- Good knowledge of IT packages, including accounting or facilities management systems.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Cytonn Investments
Cytonn Investments is an investments and real estate company, with offices in Nairobi - Kenya and DC Metro area - U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, local institutional investors and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region. Our alternative investments solutions are based on four main products: real estate, structured solutions, private equity and advisory. Most of the investment opportunities in Sub Saharan Africa are not in the listed markets, hence our focus on alternative investments to find uncommon value and returns for our clients.