Human Resources Officer
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Human Resources / HR
Crisis Action seeks the services of an HR Officer to support the HR Director in implementation of HR policies and procedures. The HR Officer will provide HR support for the fantastic global team. As HR Officer you will provide day to day HR support for the HR Director in order to ensure that the HR systems and processes put in place are working well. In addition, you will assist the HR Director to implement initiatives that preserve and develop Crisis Action’s unique culture, make the most of investment in systems, and seek out and deliver opportunities to make Crisis Action a great place to work for all staff.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Support operational aspects of the employee life cycle such as recruitment, contracts, induction, performance management, training and offboarding.
- Manage HR documentation and ensure accurate record keeping.
- Assist the HR Director implement HR related organizational projects.
- Provide support to HR Director and Office Directors on HR policies and national employment laws in countries we are operating in and act as a supportive and effective HR resource for all staff.
- Work with the HR Director to preserve and develop Crisis Action’s unique culture to foster a continuously improving organization.
- Support the HR Director to implement learning programs that foster continuous growth for the entire team.
- Assist with implementation of internal trainings that will boost key leadership skills and support maximising both individual and organisational effectiveness.
- Work with the HR Director to update and maintain HR policies and procedures and the Employee Handbook according to all relevant employment legislation.
- Support with the production of accurate and timely management information for quarterly board meetings using our cloud based HCM system Financial Force.
- CIPD qualified or the equivalent work experience.
- Experience of operational HR work within an international environment.
- Awareness of the international differences within employment law.
- Experience of working on a cloud based HCM Database such as SalesForce/FinancialForce/Fairsail.
- Resilience and an ability to cope with multiple internal and external demands.
- First-class interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- High level of ambition, energy and enthusiasm; a can-do attitude and drive to see commitments and projects through.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion.
- A commitment to Crisis Action’s aims and core values.
- Experience working for a global organisation, across different time zones and with offices in different countries.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. We regret that due to the volume of applications we cannot respond individually to each applicant
Equal opportunities: Crisis Action values diversity and is committed to equal opportunities. All applicants for employment will receive equal treatment without discrimination on grounds of gender, race, ethnic or national origins, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other grounds
About Crisis Action
Crisis Action works with individuals and organisations from global civil society to protect civilians from armed conflict. We are an international organisation with offices in Beirut, Brussels, Johannesburg, London, Nairobi, New York, Paris and Washington DC. We are a catalyst and convenor of joint action whose work behind the scenes enables coalitions to work quickly and effectively. As a coordinating body we seek no public profile or media spotlight; it is the voice of the coalition that matters. Our innovative model of conflict prevention has been recognised by the 2012 MacArthur Award for Creative and Effective Institutions and the 2013 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Entrepreneurship. Our only agenda is the protection of civilians. We are open about our objectives, welcoming scrutiny from anyone who wishes to understand who we are and what we do. If you would like to support Crisis Action’s work to protect civilians trapped in conflict, please donate online here or contact us at email@example.com History Crisis Action was founded in 2004 by the pioneering campaigner Guy Hughes, who was Executive Director of Crisis Action until his tragic death in a climbing accident in January 2006. Angered by the failure of UK protests against the UK government’s decision to go to war in Iraq, Guy created Crisis Action to build mainstream coalitions that could compel the world’s most powerful people to take action to protect civilians.