Business Intelligence Architect/ Business Analyst
Position Code: BA
Department: Technical Department Duty Station: Kenya
Reports To: Technical Operations Manager
The primary function of the Business Intelligence Architect is to develop data structures or implementations for a set of end-users within a business. The business intelligence architect serves as a point person for programs that form an architecture for handling data, including databases, data warehouses, and other storage resources. As a BI architects, you will be expected to commonly work on tasks like linking legacy or enterprise software to BI applications or platforms, and creating or handling metadata that helps programs use data more efficiently and accurately. Of importance will be the implemented and existing C-One systems held by existing clients.
Moreover your other role will be a Business analyst, and this role primary function will be bridging the gap between IT and the business using data analytics to assess processes, determine requirements and deliver data-driven recommendations and re- ports to executives and stakeholders.
BAs engage with business leaders and users to understand how data-driven changes to processes, products, services, software and hardware can improve efficiencies and add value. They must articulate those ideas but also balance them against what’s techno- logically feasible and financially and functionally reasonable. Depending on the role, you might work with data sets to improve products, hardware, tools, software, services, or process.
As a business analyst and BI architect, you will be responsible for:
- Raising the profile of COSEKE Kenya Ltd in creating and developing feasible Business Intelligence technologies as a provider of information and content management solutions
- Developing an innovative BI product strategy and coming up with initiatives to implement the strategy and deliver intended results
- Supporting the Business Development department in creating on-demand demos, responding to technical requirements, and creating a unique brand for Business intelligence technologies, BOTS, and Artificial intelligence technology as needed and required
- Collaborating with the Technical Operations Manager in the development and ex- execution of the company’s IT Strategy and Programmes, innovations to support the company’s strategic objectives in line with emerging technologies and in-industry tech demands.
ESSENTIAL JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following Key Result Areas:
- Business Analyst Role Description
- Build a business case.
- Excellent technical writing skills and ability to peer review technical documents for grammar, content, and style of writing.
- Demonstrate ability to document business processes and write detailed functional requirements.
- Review IT, operational, and business risks, functions, and activities, and evaluate client relations in order to determine and recommend the nature, scope, direction, and thrust of proposed audits. Design audit procedures to execute the audit plan, assess controls, and to meet audit objectives.
- Assume responsibility as project leader for special audit projects and provide advisory and consulting services to management. Recommend appropriate staffing requirements to complete the audit. Coordinate and directs activities of assigned auditors: Train and provide guidance of auditing tasks and procedures; reviews work for completeness, and submits evaluations on assigned auditors.
- Act as liaison for internal management, external auditors, external audit clients, and business associates.
- Prepare reports for internal and external company executives. Summarize audit objectives, scope, findings, conclusions and management response. Conduct oral and written presentations to all levels of management, as appropriate, during and upon the completion of audits. Ensure audit summary is prepared within the established deadline
- Capability to handle sensitive and complex issues with discretion and good judgment
- Good command using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task, and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user re- quests from the underlying true needs
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into the application and operational requirements
- Perform statistical sampling to accomplish audit procedures. Obtain, analyze and appraise supporting data utilizing various software applications.
- Comply with auditing standards, follow good business practices, and efficiently utilize audit resources.
- Recommend revisions to audit procedures to enhance efficiencies. Review internal controls throughout the company by evaluating the adequacy of system controls and recommends improvements.
- Perform testing and walkthrough procedures to determine company compliance on assigned processes: review and analyze the control structure, per- forms walkthrough and testing procedures, documents testing results that are
- Reviewed by external auditors, and communicates results to the management team.
- Evaluate the adequacy and timeliness of management’s response and the corrective action taken on significant audit recommendations.
- Business Intelligence Architect role descriptionDevelopment of data structures that help in driving business strategies.
- Design, development, implementation, and oversight of data structures, data warehousing, and repositories.
- Provide expert guidance on Business Intelligence (BI) skills and technologies that Coseke engages in.
- Develop scalable and maintainable BI applications to meet business objectives as per clients requirements
- Develop security and authentication standards for the organization as per the business requirements
- Maintain accurate and complete technical architectural documents.
- Define BI standards, guidelines, and best practices for business groups and technical teams.
- Support BI tools upgrades in development, testing, and documentation.
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting activities for BI tools.
- Diagnose and resolve BI tool capacity issues in any client’s environment.
- Recommend strategies to improve the performance and capacity of BI tools.
- Address customer queries and issues in a timely manner.
- Provide BI administration and technical support during weekends, after- hours and holidays when needed.
- Provide technical training on BI tools to junior staff.
- Collaborate with BI Administrators, Developers, and Analysts for successful development of BI reporting and analysis solutions.
- Work with business groups and technical teams to develop and maintain data warehouse platform for BI reporting.
Key Performance Indicators
- Well executed BI tool and commissioned project Well executed reports generation for the client
- Competitor analysis reports with recommended actions
Education / Experience Needed
- Bachelors of science in informatics/ data science
- Proven working experience in related duties
Knowledge of Python
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their using the position as subject of email.
COSEKE is uniquely qualified to provide complete solutions as per all our clients’ needs. We are a Pan African IT solutions specialist company since 1990 providing Information and Content Management Solutions to change how work gets done in organizations of all sizes. We help your business to effectively Capture, Manage, Share and Preserve their information assets in ways that reduce overhead and dramatically improve operational efficiency. COSEKE has over 60 employees in the region, amongst which resources are shared. Our wish is to make African organizations paperless and more process efficient thus having a competitive edge over others, while optimized business processes in their respective ways. With over two decades of experience, Coseke provides organizations with a competitive edge by automating, measuring and improving resource-intensive business processes across different communities, including customers, employees and partners.