Job Type Full Time
Job Field Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
The role of the Buyer manages local purchasing requests in collaboration with the Procurement Specialist and guarantees efficient contract implementation and sites acceptance. Also manages and closes out related procurement queries.
In the role as a Buyer, they are responsible for ensuring the correct buying channel is utilised within the guidelines and framework managed.
The Buyer is further responsible to ensure that all transactions are captured in the systems accurately and in accordance with CCBA Procurement Strategy.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as the single point of contact for the Procurement function at a siteEnsure that procurement policies and procedures are complied with at Plant level.
- Guarantee efficient use of the purchasing systems by all users providing assistance when necessary.
- Act as a link between the local internal stakeholders, suppliers and the procurement organization.
- Manage local purchase requisitions according to defined strategies and frameworks mainly for indirect categories.Verify purchase request compliance, validity, completeness and ensure correct buying channel utilization. If required, align with internal stakeholders on missing specification, check strategic sourcing feasibility and escalate if possible.
- Resolve queries and issues with purchase request and purchase orders including issues related to specification, material group assignment, quality, quantity and price.
- Clarify user requirements relating to free text one-time purchases and obtain approval for one-time vendor purchases. Support end user with assisted buying including educating the user on standardization and buying channels.
- Facilitate, manage and escalate where appropriate queries and issues to appropriate stakeholders and interfaces according to collaboration models.
- Drive execution of local, low value purchase requisitionsIdentify and advise customer on possible sourcing change supplier or specification to more optimum cost efficient alternative.
- Identify potential suppliers based on local market insights through simple Request for Information.
- Request supplier quotes, undertake analysis and execute negotiations if commercially viable.
- Select a supplier according to the defined strategy in the category.
- Process purchase order.
- Expedite and follow-up on purchase orders, resolve Procurement related client or supplier follow up questions and update Purchase Order.
- Assign suppliers for one-time low value purchases.
- Close, change or modify Purchase Orders related to spot buysManage requisition changes or close PO if no longer needed.
- Govern PO changes upon supplier or user request to amend POs, follow up with user or supplier to determine feasibility change or modify POs if needed and correct authorization channels have been followed. If no resolution can be achieved escalate to team lead and other responsible persons using standard procedures.
- Ensure POs are closed when complete.
- Support strategic sourcing initiativesUpon request by the CCBA Group Office Team or Country Procurement
- Specialists, for the completion of purchase requests the following support activities might be required
- Provide input on local spend situation and category practices.
- Gather local internal customers’ requirements.
- Provide insights on local supplier market.
- Support local supplier qualification assessment.
- Support the development of the contract implementation plan.
Skills, Experience & Education Education
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher Diploma in Business Related Course
- 2+ years of procurement experience in operational procurement
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company, which is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, is an American multinational beverage corporation, and manufacturer, retailer, and marketer of nonalcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups.