Director of Project Delivery
With over 6000 CloudWorkers and 200 Clients, Delivery is one of the fastest paced, highest growth functions in CloudFactory. Our Delivery function is made up of 200+ core team members who are serving both Cloud Team and the clients towards our mission of 1M+ meaningful jobs. We have team members across four continents, most of whom are based in Nepal and Kenya and we’re looking for an experienced service delivery Director to come and lead our Kenyan team.
As a strong leader and someone who places great emphasis on being a coach and mentor, you will enjoy leading and developing a highly motivated client-facing Delivery team. We will empower you to foster an engaging team environment, where challenge and support are given in healthy levels. This can be done at both the Delivery function level, where you are part of the functional leadership team, as well as the Kenyan location level, where you are integral to the local leadership team as well. A great opportunity to impact on both leadership teams.
Your team members are the bridge between two sets of Clients: Customers, who are the source of the data processing work, and the Cloud Workers, who get the processing work done. They guide the conversations between the two Clients to make sure there is alignment across the board on the work we’re performing. You will oversee the processes, people, and systems that support the efficient, effective delivery of our Client Work-Streams that deliver on our promise of being “easy” for our customers. Our Director of Delivery is integral in developing the strategy and directing the execution of these processes, which includes ensuring appropriate levels of staffing and training.
Along with developing and leading a high-performing team, the accountability for the success of a portfolio of accounts and projects rests with our Director of Delivery. You will be able to measure your success, and that of your team, through Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and/or Service Level Agreements (SLAs) that are in place, along with how satisfied our Clients are (through our Customer NPS and Cloud Worker NPS) with CloudFactory’s service and performance. This level of measurement will excite you as well as giving you an opportunity to show and celebrate your team in how they are making an impact in their roles.
Naturally, as a Director for CloudFactory, this role includes scope with being responsible for profit margins, revenue, growth strategies, cost schedules, and also applying techniques to enhance performance, planning, tracking, change management, and risk management.
Success as a people leader at CloudFactory is very much around supporting and serving your team to become the best they can be. As a leader you will be passionate about growing others, and be excited by our ‘Leaders Worth Following’ programme, which supports our leadership team to foster growth through continuously developing and coaching others in all “3 Cs” (Competency, Character and Community).
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Enabling the success of the portfolio of accounts and projects by ensuring that all Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Service Level Agreement (SLA) are met.
- Maintaining growth and scale by managing scope, revenue, margins, growth strategies and cost schedules of Service Delivery.
- Identifying, communicating, and managing business risk related to Delivery in Kenya.
- Planning and execution of business and people related risk and change management.
- Ensuring effective structure and organisation for the Delivery Team in Kenya.
- Planning the deployment of people and resources.
- Inspiring team members by ensuring good servant leadership is practiced throughout Delivery.
- Partnering with the Country Manager to build country level goals and KPIs.
- Providing an environment that invests in people, allowing them to develop through goals and frequent feedback.
- Supporting good teamwork between Kenya and other delivery locations (inside and outside the business).
- Improving the efficiency of Delivery operations in Kenya through best practices and continuous improvement mechanisms.
- Making a strong contribution to Delivery Operations strategy as a member of the Global Delivery leadership team.
Here are the required technical experiences that you should have to be successful in the role:
- Minimum of 7+ years proven strategic and project management experience managing concurrent, large scale technology projects which include business process, technology and training deliverables.
- Management of global project teams in a matrixed environment.
- Proven experience in building up team members and contributing to process improvements.
- Importantly, we know that character and culture fit is key for both you and CloudFactory when assessing the
- suitability for the role. So, here’s a bit more information that will help you to decide on whether this role is right for you to apply for:
You will be an agile and visionary leader who never loses sight of the big picture, but can adapt quickly to business needs.
As a leader, you will get excited about being part of and building out a strong Delivery Kenya Leadership team, thus having not only a strategic mindset but also “people first” approach.
We know that our role suits someone who wants to be part of a high-growth, dynamic, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, which means things can change quickly. This position requires a balance between people leadership and performance management so that we impress our Customers and Cloud Workers. Therefore, a Client-focused individual who is passionate about serving people and harnessing technology is what we’re looking for.
We place great value on building relationships, and so this role suits someone who is passionate about people, and can manage through times of ups-and-downs.
Managing multiple projects and/or scenarios simultaneously is something you will get a buzz from. And it will be important to you to be close to the customers and our cloud workers, so this will mean getting your hands dirty from time-to-time and the ability of going into the details of projects.
Our team members value our “Be Flexible with Flexible” working policy. It means that we can best serve our customers, our team members and ourselves and families. Particularly when we work across multiple time-zones.
We value talent, no matter what our area of specialty is, and we encourage people to be ‘one body of many parts’. Our culture suits someone who likes to think beyond their typical job description and help support CloudFactory in a multitude of areas.
Our leadership team lead by example. And if you tick these boxes, you will certainly fit in well. You are an excellent all-around communicator — verbal, written, and interpersonal. You’re confident, but humble. You’re adventurous and love experimentation. You’re data-driven. You’re skilled at investigating situations and a natural problem solver. You are resourceful. You take initiative and action when you see areas that can be improved or optimized. You are comfortable with being uncomfortable, especially when stepping up to say or do the honorable thing in tough situations. You speak truth and life, and encourage others to do the same (importantly ‘hearing’ what people have to say and learning from others too).
Don’t worry if you don’t tick everything completely in this section. At CloudFactory, we’re very intentional about our culture, so above all we’re looking for an open-minded individual to learn and grow together with.
- Competitive remuneration package, which includes performance based Variable Compensation.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Work From Home
- Training & Development
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply foe this job.
CloudFactory is changing the way the world works by providing an on-demand, digital workforce for scaling critical business processes in the cloud. We’re also on a mission to create meaningful work for as many people as possible.