Read more about this companySub-Saharan Africa – Technology Project Lead
Job Type Full Time
Experience 6 – 10 years
Job Field ICT / Computer
Citi’s technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we’re looking for talented technologists to help build the future of global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the globe – we’re changing the way people bank and how the world does business. Citi’s technology team supports business operations in 100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next level through the power of Citi’s unmatched globality and vast expertise.
The Sub-Saharan Africa – Technology Project Lead is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Develops detailed IT work plans, schedules; project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
- Interfaces with senior project staff and client senior management teams regarding status of projects.
- Recommends and oversees process improvements.
- Has considerable business impact through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes and industry standards.
- Provides expertise in area and an advanced level of understanding of the principles of IT project leadership.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding of how own area and others (i.e., architecture or infrastructure)
- collectively integrate to contribute towards achieving business objectives.
- Directly impacts the business by influencing strategic functional decisions through advice, counsel or provided services.
- Acts as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts; allocates work.
- Provides in-depth and sophisticated analysis with interpretive thinking to define problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Persuades and influences others through and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years experience in a related technology role and subject matter expert in overall field
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Citibank N.A. Kenya has been operating in Kenya since 1974 and has two branches in Nairobi and Mombasa, serving Corporate and Institutional clients. Citibank Kenya is the regional hub for the Citi East Africa cluster, which covers Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Zambia. It's the only solely corporate bank in Kenya. Businesses Citi Kenya is structured around business segments, product groups, operations and technology and staff units. The business segment that caters to our diverse customer base is our Institutional Clients Group, which includes the global relationship banking services we provide for top-tier local corporate clients. As a part of our business focus and broader market reach, in 1999 we expanded our target market to cater to the emerging and vibrant middle and lower market tiers. We also have a financial institutions group that is responsible for our businesses with other banks, insurance companies and other non-banking financial institutions. We offer a range of banking services to companies, including commercial finance, inter-bank transactions, investment services, deposits, cash management and electronic banking. We assist our customers with managing their finances to increase the value of their investments and finance their projects. Citi Kenya also provides global transaction services, treasury and corporate finance services. Citi's mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. We have 200 years of experience helping our clients meet the world's toughest challenges and embrace its greatest opportunities. We are Citi, the global bank - an institution connecting millions of people across hundreds of countries and cities.