TTS Financial Institutions Sales Lead for Eastern Africa
Job TypeFull Time
QualificationBA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Managing FI Cash and Trade flows for the Horn and East Africa , covering 4 presence and 5 non presence countries . Developing an in-depth understanding of target market names and leveraging Citi’s resources to evolve focused sales strategy to enable incremental wallet share. Execution of TTS correspondent banking product strategy in the region, management of product profitability, monitoring of financial performance incorporating analysis and research on market dynamics and competition. Working in close partnership with key business partners and stakeholders; i.e. Coverage, Operations, Risk and Compliance
Position Objective :
- To be a trusted advisor to FI clients providing cash management and trade solutions to our clients in this segment.
- To leverage Citi’s institutional resources and deploy cash management and trade solutions to clients
- Maintain strong partnership and collaboration with Coverage and Product colleagues to deliver solutions to FI clients which differentiates Citi from the competition and strengthens her position in the industry
- To maximise the Citi network in delivering solutions which position us at the best cash and trade bank to clients
- The client impact is significant.
- The HEA region contributes 30% of TTS FI revenue. It includes coverage of some of the biggest banks in East
- Africa such as TDB Bank , Equity and Commercial Bank of Ethiopia . We have great momentum on the Cross Border Worldlink Space . It is therefore critical to get this position filled in order to keep momentum with these key clients.
- Define and execute the client solution and engagement strategy:
- Manage Financials for Correspondent banking services in HEA region
- Maximize penetration of client wallet
- Inform and respond to market and regulatory change to drive product innovation and client positioning
- Represent Citi at internal and external forums to promote thought leadership and encourage active industry engagement
- Design and execute direct initiatives to meet revenue and balance sheet goals, and work with senior coverage team members to manage pipeline and identify new strategies for revenue growth/acceleration
- Maintain core client collateral (including slip-sheets, pitch books, proposal content, regulatory guides) for maximum impact and deploy tailored content
- Commercialization of new product launches for client impact and flow of new business
Work with Global and Regional/Cluster partners to leverage synergies and execute against initiatives
- Follow Citi requirements for new product development
Development Value :
- The correspondent banking group business is a focus product for TTS EMEA. The role provides great exposure to
- Sales and Product Management responsibilities, which include deal initiation, P&L experience & New Product Development.
- Understanding of the Cash and Trade business: clients, products, markets, legal and compliance frameworks / documentation, process flows, credit risk management etc.
- Understand major business drivers and implications for business and efficiently utilize metrics to build & monitor the business.
- Client interface (end-to-end exposure from origination, execution and retention).
- Platform to develop sales management skills by interacting with both coverage/sales team across the Globe.
- In managing the Product, close interaction with the stakeholders on complex deals that need structuring.
- At least 5 years banking experience
- Good understanding of the macro-economy
- Experience in transaction banking
- Good communication skills ( written and verbal)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong creative thinking capability, come up with solutions and innovation
- Relationship management skills
- Good presentation skills
- Self starter
- Outside the box-thinker
- Ability to adhere to product management disciplines.
- Good interaction at all levels and across different cultures
- Must be able to manage peers across geography
- Resilience and ability to cope a high performance demanding environment
- Bachelors Degree
- MBA or Post Graduate diploma in Business management /Finance/Banking/Commerce will be an advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Citi Group
Citibank N.A. Kenya has been operating in Kenya since 1974 and has two branches in Nairobi and Mombasa, serving Corporate and Institutional clients. Citibank Kenya is the regional hub for the Citi East Africa cluster, which covers Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Zambia. It's the only solely corporate bank in Kenya. Businesses Citi Kenya is structured around business segments, product groups, operations and technology and staff units. The business segment that caters to our diverse customer base is our Institutional Clients Group, which includes the global relationship banking services we provide for top-tier local corporate clients. As a part of our business focus and broader market reach, in 1999 we expanded our target market to cater to the emerging and vibrant middle and lower market tiers. We also have a financial institutions group that is responsible for our businesses with other banks, insurance companies and other non-banking financial institutions. We offer a range of banking services to companies, including commercial finance, inter-bank transactions, investment services, deposits, cash management and electronic banking. We assist our customers with managing their finances to increase the value of their investments and finance their projects. Citi Kenya also provides global transaction services, treasury and corporate finance services. Citi's mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. We have 200 years of experience helping our clients meet the world's toughest challenges and embrace its greatest opportunities. We are Citi, the global bank - an institution connecting millions of people across hundreds of countries and cities.