Client Onboarding Rep
The Client Onboard Rep 5 performs relatively complex assignments. Has direct impact on the business by ensuring the quality of the tasks or services provided. Works under little to no direct supervision. May service an expansive and/or diverse array of products/services. Applies working knowledge of technical and professional principles and concepts and in depth knowledge of team objectives. Understands how assigned duties contribute to the work of the team/unit and how the units coordinate their efforts and resources to achieve the objectives of the function. Ensures the quality and service of self and others. May recommend new options to enhance productivity in accordance with guidelines. Requires tact and diplomacy when exchanging complex or sensitive information with others. Is sensitive to audience diversity. Basic knowledge of the organization, the business and its policies required. Typically responsible for resolving basic to moderately complex problems based on practice and precedence. Able to assess applicability of similar experiences and evaluate options under circumstances not covered by procedures.
- Processes client’s requests related to system set up including signatories’ updates and documentation lodgment.
Co-operates with internal partners to perform systems maintenance based on documentation related to account opening and maintenance processes.
- Provides response to client and internal inquiries.
- Prepares documentation for archiving.
- Applies appropriate bank’s regulations while processing the requests. Remains up to date with the current procedures, internal rules, external regulations, and follows the changes in the aforementioned documents.
- Documents operation procedure updates.
- Processes clients’ instructions ensuring the highest accuracy and effectiveness (ensuring deadlines are adhered to).
- Verification and authorization of data entered in the systems. Ensures all queries are dealt with in an efficient and timely manner. Escalates urgent / risk issues through the appropriate escalation channels.
- Co-operates with and supports other teams/employees upon supervisor’s instruction, including possibility of movement to another team and/or process.
- Performs other crucial tasks instructed by supervisors, e.g. participation in trainings, projects, conference calls, systems’ testing.
- Ensures high levels of client satisfaction through strong product, process and client knowledge.
- Identifies and suggests process improvements.
- Assists in the implementation of validated process improvements.
- Understands procedures and controls for operational processes.
- Supports Manager with quality assurance process.
- Participates in user acceptance test of new systems.
- Effective execution of tasks detailed within this document as well as execution of any other work instructed by supervisor related to this function.
- Daily deliverable of routine and defined tasks, while developing knowledge of the broader context in which work is being performed.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Previous experience in financial services preferred.
- Knowledge of bank products in the scope of opening and maintaining of bank accounts Customer communication experience (internal/external). Knowledge on the field of finances and banking.
- Flexibility, team spirit, loyalty. High attention to detail Good PC skills (Excel, Word). Fluent in both written and spoken English. Be able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines. Goal-oriented and with desire for new challenges. Customer focus. Self-motivated individual with high competency to follow through when facing obstacles. Ability to organize own work and manage time. Flexible and adaptable approach to a constantly changing work environment. Customer focus. Assertiveness. Demonstrated initiative and creativity in problem solving. Proficient knowledge of English (written and spoken).
- Bachelor’s/University degree 2nd Class upper and above
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Citibank N.A. Kenya has been operating in Kenya since 1974 and has two branches in Nairobi and Mombasa, serving Corporate and Institutional clients. Citibank Kenya is the regional hub for the Citi East Africa cluster, which covers Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Zambia. It's the only solely corporate bank in Kenya. Businesses Citi Kenya is structured around business segments, product groups, operations and technology and staff units. The business segment that caters to our diverse customer base is our Institutional Clients Group, which includes the global relationship banking services we provide for top-tier local corporate clients. As a part of our business focus and broader market reach, in 1999 we expanded our target market to cater to the emerging and vibrant middle and lower market tiers. We also have a financial institutions group that is responsible for our businesses with other banks, insurance companies and other non-banking financial institutions. We offer a range of banking services to companies, including commercial finance, inter-bank transactions, investment services, deposits, cash management and electronic banking. We assist our customers with managing their finances to increase the value of their investments and finance their projects. Citi Kenya also provides global transaction services, treasury and corporate finance services. Citi's mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. We have 200 years of experience helping our clients meet the world's toughest challenges and embrace its greatest opportunities. We are Citi, the global bank - an institution connecting millions of people across hundreds of countries and cities.