Group Learning & Development Manager
Job TypeFull Time
QualificationBA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
Job FieldHuman Resources / HR
In order to execute and sustain its growth and expansion strategy, the Group seeks to recruit a seasoned L& D champion to join this winning team as the Group Learning & Development Manager, reporting to the GM HR & Administration. The successful candidate will be in responsible for understanding Group strategy and capability needs. In order to identify current and future learning/development skills, priorities, requirements and create leaning interventions to meet the diverse requirements of the workforce. The role will evaluate and monitor training budget and effectiveness of L&D programs across the group. S/he will liaise with all the stakeholders to ensure continuous learning and development across the Group and to advise on sustainable training programs to be implemented within CIC Group.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Practice and promote a culture of high quality standards, integrity and ethics across the Company.
- Identify training and development needs within the Group through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with business leaders;
- Design and expand training and development programmes based on the needs of the Company and the individual;
- Develop L&D budget and monitor the training costs of planned programmes and keep within budgets and review return on investments;
- Designs learning interventions, including technical, behavioural and leadership programs;
- Develops, maintains and leads the implementation of the CIC’s Competency Framework;
- Drive a culture of continuous professional development (CPD);
- Establish a coaching culture across the Group;
- Develop effective induction and on-boarding programs in liaison with respective HRBPs;
- Facilitate the production of training materials for in-house courses;
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with managers;
- Roll out CIC’s talent strategies that cover the full employment lifecycle:
- Employee acquisition: recruitment strategy, on- boarding and induction program;
- Employee development: learning and development framework and program, coaching and mentoring programs, leadership programs and performance management framework;
- Employee retention: career path framework, succession planning process and remuneration strategy;
Collaborates and partners with the HRBPs to ensure the correct understanding and implementation of all talent management strategies and programs (detailed above) across the organisation;
- Leads the performance review process and provides guidance to HR Business Partners and Business Managers to ensure effectiveness;
- Continually research on methods and techniques of learning relevant to CIC Insurance Group;
- Coordination of training activities across the Group subsidiaries; • Design and deliver e-learning courses, workshops and other trainings;
- Preparing a monthly training gap analysis and conduct training satisfaction surveys across the group;
- Conduct regular meetings with senior management to identify subjects to be addressed or areas in need of additional training;
- Creating visibility on training and capacity gaps to management and making appropriate recommendations;
- Evaluate & monitor effectiveness of learning & development programs.
- Ensuring that the quality of existing staff and new hires across the group are as per the regulators standards and that they meet minimum qualification.
- Be a holder of a business related Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance or any other related field gained from a recognized institution. A Post Graduate Qualification in a business related field will be an added advantage;
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree gained from a recognized institution;
- A Post Graduate Qualification in a business related field will be an added advantage;
- Diploma in Human Resource Management;
- Minimum of six (6) years’ relevant experience, two (2) of which are at supervisory level;
- Be a member in good standing of a relevant and recognized professional body;
- Proven experience as an L&D Manager or similar;
- Experience in e-learning course design and budget management are desirable;
- Proficient in MS Office and Learning Management Systems (LMS);
- Confident and excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent commercial & sharp business acumen;
- Critical thinking, analytical and decision making skills;
- Excellent Interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Change Management and organisational skills and
- Proven leadership, people management and counselling skills
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your resume, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. For the full details about this position, marking CICGROUP/GL&D/02/2021 by C.O.B 24th February 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CIC Group Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
About CIC Group
CIC Insurance Group Limited, commonly referred to as CIC Group, is an insurance and investment group that operates mainly in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan and Malawi