Staff Security Officer – Kenyan National Hire
Level: Senior Specialist
This position is primarily responsible for supporting, implementing and ensuring the systematic application
of safety and security policies for all CWS Africa operational activities and programs in Kenya. The Staff Security Officer will compile and draft Weekly Regional Security Updates, conduct expat residential surveys, analyze and complete security assessments of ongoing activities in Kenya as well as ensure proper documentation and filling of security electronic and physical files. This position will act as the primary focal point in daily security operations in the country. This position will report to the Staff Security Coordinator and Assistant Staff Security Coordinator who are both based in Nairobi, Kenya.
This position reports directly to the Staff Security Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a security, humanitarian, development or discipline related field, or four (4) years of paid work experience in the same field in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree is required
- Experience in conducting Contextual security risk assessments required.
- Experience in compiling and drafting security reports including incident reporting is required.
- Experience in coordinating response to security emergencies required.
- Two (2) years working experience with similar INGO or humanitarian agency is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA and other international NGO security frameworks.
- Sensitivity to gender and cultural issues.
- Excellent communications skills, with fluency in written and spoken English.
- Working knowledge of French or Arabic is also desirable.
- Writing skills test may be requested.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Police Clearance Certificate issued within the last one year (12 months) is required before the start of employment.
A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel. The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling, employee will be entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of money
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Church World Service
Church World Service (CWS) was founded in 1946 and is a cooperative ministry of 37 Christian denominations and communions, providing sustainable self-help, development, disaster relief, and refugee assistance around the world. The CWS mission is to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice at the national and international level through collaboration with partners abroad and in the US.