IT Projects Analyst – Kenya National Hire
Level: Manager 1
Grade: 8 N
This position is responsible for managing and developing the implementation of all new and recurring IT projects within RSC Africa, across the all countries of operation in sub-Saharan Africa. The position oversees various activities within theIT department, pertaining to the implementation and delivery on IT projects.
This position reports to the IT Manager, and is responsible for oversight of projects within the IT department
- Manages the successful execution of RSC Africa IT projects across all the countries of operation.
- Conducts research for proposed projects and provides reports of ongoing projects to meet the projects’ objectives and assigns to the direct reports as appropriate.Works with Senior Managers across the organization to identify and implement new projects that support RSC Africa’s digital needs.
- Analyses and recommends new projects based on the tasks assigned and trends observed.
- Serves as the project lead and develops project strategy plans based on logical framework approaches, in liaison with the RSC IT Manager
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of the USRAP and refugee situations throughout sub-Saharan Africa.
- Drives impactful and effective project delivery through proactive and clear communication, strong team coordination and excellent planning skills.
- Provide ongoing data verification and analysis to suit the direction of the project and leads regular meetings with project teams to discuss progress, and to identify and manage risks.
- Oversees the daily workflow related to projects and their development.
- Manages relationships with external service providers, ensuring their work meets the agreed specifications while tracking and reporting issues.
- Actively participates in project evaluation and monitoring and provides reports to demonstrate success and areas for improvement at the end of each project execution.
- In collaboration with the IT Manager, ensures an adequate scoping, budgeting and forecasting exercise is completed and presented before beginning any proposed project.
- Ensures smooth cross department collaboration using project management tools that are effective and enhance efficiency.
- Oversees the development, implementation, dissemination and monitoring of relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs) are created for smooth transition and increased staff adoption and usage on changes made in processes.Leads the change management activities within a structured process framework.
- Executes and supports the organization in streamlining processes after a change in process.
- Recommends and assist with establishment of relevant working groups to complete projects..
- Maintains knowledge of the relevant legislation applicable to each project.
- Establish and communicate clear expectations to staff to foster a predictable and consistent work environment
- Any other duty assigned by the IT Management to plan, organise and execute any projects and tasks related to ICT in an effective manner
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Project Management, Business Management or Administration;
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Professional training in Prince2 is an added advantage
- 2 years experience as a paid IT projects analyst, or project co-ordinator.
- Five (5) years of relevant paid work experience in IT is required; preferably in an international organization.
- Proficiency in Project Management software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office essential
- Working knowledge of applicable laws and standards in the industry
- Demonstrated institutional knowledge of RSC Africa and USRAP processing
- Excellent results-driven project management skills
- Resilient self-starter who takes ownership of projects while working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience working across diverse geographies and cultures (advantageous)
The It Projects analyst must have the ability to:
- Take initiative in the development and completion of projects within the specified timeframe.
- Clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
- Establish and maintain strong and effective relationships.
- work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Apply creative solutions to problems.
- Influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Effectively prioritise when juggling multiple responsibilities while maintaining. excellent attention to detail.
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information.
- Manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation.
- Travel to the different locations in which RSC Africa operates at a short notice Effectively manage RSC
Africa’s resources; and
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
Physical: This position requires bending, fine finger movements, pushing or pulling light objects.
Environmental: Incumbent in this position will work in an open plan office.
Certificate of Good Conduct issued within the past one year (12 months) is required before the start of employment. A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel. The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa. Employee will be entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of money.
Project Management certifications is a plus
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Church World Service
Church World Service (CWS) was founded in 1946 and is a cooperative ministry of 37 Christian denominations and communions, providing sustainable self-help, development, disaster relief, and refugee assistance around the world. The CWS mission is to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice at the national and international level through collaboration with partners abroad and in the US.