Procurement and Administration Officer
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldProcurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Reports To: Head of Finance and Administration
Direct Reportees: Drivers and Admin assistant/receptionist
Indirect Reportees: Administration officers – projects
Administration and logistics
- Participate in the development, implementation and interpretation of administration policies and procedures,
- Execute the transport policy and asset management plan.
- Efficiently manage CHAK’s fleet of vehicles.
- Monitor assets usage and generate monthly reports.
- Maintain an accurate asset register.
- Coordinate local travel including taxis services.
- Oversee front office operations including mails and courier services.
- Record keeping of all LPOs, RFPs, Quotations and Tender Documents
- Generate annual budgets for the section.
- Coordinate the maintenance and disposal of assets in line with CHAK’s policy.
- Ensure all operational licenses are timely acquired and rates paid.
- Timely renewal of all relevant insurances.
- Implement all policies and procedures relating to procurement.
- Generate annual procurement plan for the organization.
- Operationalize and implement all procurement laws, regulations, and guidelines applicable in the tendering process and all processes throughout the Organization.
- Coordinate pre-qualification of suppliers.
- Offer advisory services to user departments for cost effective and efficient procurement.
- Maintain an accurate database of all suppliers.
- Lead and participate in procurement committee deliberations including tendering and bidding processes.
- Generate Purchase Orders and ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
- Advise the Head of Finance and Administration on areas of improvements.
- Generate monthly procurement report.
- Participate in departmental meetings.
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or related disciplines
- Diploma in Purchasing and supplies or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Member of CIPS or KIMS
- At least 5 years’ experience having served in a comparable position in a large NGO.
- Experience in budgeting and financial management
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Experience in designing and improving internal controls to improve efficiency.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of basic computer packages
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Applications with detailed CV with names & contacts of 3 referees and copies of relevant professional certificates should be sent to CHAK Secretariat by post or Email using the contacts below.
The General Secretary
P.O. Box 30690 – 00100 GPO Nairobi
Tel. (020)4441920 / 0733-334419
The closing date for receiving all applications is February 26th, 2021.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
About Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK)
CHAK's constitution provides for membership to Protestant churches' health facilities and community-based health programmes provided their services are not for profit. Mission To facilitate member health units in their provision of quality healthcare services through advocacy, health systems strengthening, networking and innovative health programme