Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldICT / Computer
The jobholder is primarily responsible for installing and maintaining computer communication networks at Centum Investment Plc and subsidiaries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level 1 I level 2 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Install computer networks such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs),the Internet, intranets, and other data communications systems.
- Install server hardware and software infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and restore systems after crashes.
- Manage DHCP, WIFI and assignment of IP on the networks and restore protocol.
- Undertake routine preventative measures and implement, maintain and monitor network security and ensure systems comply with industry standards.
- Support administration of servers and server clusters and manage system and database back up.
- Document network problems, support network and computing infrastructure.
- Install and maintain network services, equipment, and various devices
2. Project Management
- Conduct IT project feasibility studies and make presentations and recommendations on development concepts, preliminary development programs and budgets.
- Prepare the project briefs which will include setting time, cost and quality objectives for the projects.
- Supervise and manage the selection of project consultants and contractors and co-ordinate and monitor their work done.
- Be the primary point of contact between the company and the project consultants and contractors.
- Develop and deliver internal and client-facing program reviews, status reports, performance reports and other communications
- Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
- Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
- Stakeholders management for effective collaboration between all parties involved, including public and private sectors, government agencies, consultants, employees and shareholders.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Serve as the primary point of contact for communicating with the technical stakeholders at the site on any issues that arise, and for on-going discussion of progress
- Adhere to effective systems, policies, procedures and best practices to ensure the timely resolution of ICT related incidents
- Develop a keen understanding of program service delivery goals and requirements, and develop and enact a vision to both meet the customer’s current needs, and for evolution of the program to meet changing customer needs
- Ensure that vendors are well integrated into the project team
- Monitor vendors performance and adherence to SLAs
The jobholder is provided with a laptop and a desk phone to facilitate performance of his/her duties.
The jobholder also has access to the office photocopiers, office printers and shredder. Financial responsibility
- BSC IT or any IT related degree
- VMware Certification
- 1 + years hands-on network engineering experience
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- University degree in Computer Science or a related subject
- A strategic thinker who is able to develop and refine strategy for successful implementation of the project
- Reasonable knowledge of ICT Support
- Excellent interpersonal, and team skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to grow with the organization, fostered by entrepreneurial drive
- Demonstrated ability to develop new methodologies related to planning and design of integrated developments
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Centum Investment
Centum is East Africa's leading investment company listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. We are an investment channel providing investors with access to a portfolio of inaccessible, quality, diversified investments. Our Key objective is to consistently generate market beating returns by building extraordinary enterprises throughout Africa.