market beating returns by building extraordinary enterpr…
Read more about this companyIT Audit Associate
Job Type Full Time
Job Field ICT / Computer
Under the supervision of the Group Head of Internal Audit, the successful candidate will be responsible for giving assurance on Information Security to the Centum Group, its subsidiaries and Centum Capital Fund I and II portfolio Companies.
The role involves a systematic evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls and is designed to add value to the Centum and its subsidiaries (the “Group”).
The role owner will be the subject matter expert in infrastructure, database, applications and cybersecurity audits.
The role has a matrix reporting structure to both the Senior Audit Manager and Group Head of Internal Audit and is designed to enable the management and Board of Centum Group achieve the following key objectives;
- Financial plans, goals and strategic objectives
- Operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Safeguarding the assets (including information assets) of the Company
- Accuracy of financial statements, management accounts and other management reports
- Compliance with contracts, laws and regulations
- Drive sustainability in the Group’s operations
Job Duties Include:
- Planning and performing multiple internal IT audit projects while maintaining priorities and schedules to achieve internal audit department objectives as well as Audit Committee reporting requirements;
- Managing all phases of the IT and Infosec audits in accordance with internal audit methodology for assurance and advisory projects from planning, scoping, scheduling, and business unit coordination to risk assessment, testing and reporting;
- Ensuring quality, completeness, appropriateness of conclusions and timely deliverables;
- Understanding and analyzing business risks from an operational, financial, information technology and / or compliance perspective to determine opportunities to strengthen internal controls and enhance business processes;
- Identifying opportunities to utilize data analytics during audit planning, execution, and reporting;
- Interfacing with all levels of management, including key executives, and articulate observations, risks and remediation plans in a manner suitable to the audience;
- Preparing audit reports and ensure that complex business and internal control issues are noted in a clear, concise and factual manner while considering practical solutions to improve business processes and achieve company objectives;
- Participating in special assignments and fraud investigations as deemed necessary by management, the Audit
- Committee and the Group Head of Internal Audit;
- Supporting the IT audit function of a bank that is part of Centum’s portfolio;
- Performing other projects as assigned from time to time.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology. A master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- Professional certification CISA is a must plus a certification in cyber security audits.
- Minimum 4 years experience in IT audits.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with experience in collaborating with individuals across all levels of the organization.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, people management and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and data analytics tools and techniques.
- Audit experience in external audit is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of COSO 2013 framework, ISO 27001 and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM).
- Experience with SAP desirable.
- Must be conversant with ORACLE and.
- Must be an expert in data analytics using either ACL or IDEA. Is able to write scripts that can be used to implement continuous auditing.
- Experience using audit software such as Teammate is an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Centum Investment Company
Centum is East Africa's leading investment company listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. We are an investment channel providing investors with access to a portfolio of inaccessible, quality, diversified investments. Our Key objective is to consistently generate market beating returns by building extraordinary enterprises throughout Africa.