Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldMedia / Advertising / Branding
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Communications Officer will be responsible for coordinating the planning, execution and management of all communication-related needs (writing, media relations, documentation, development of IEC materials, events) of the CDC funded projects and corporate communication functions
- Ensure regular documentation of project events and implementation activities
- Work with other team members to implement the communication strategy
- Contribute to the CHS digital presence: manage and update the CDC project sections of the website, news items, personal stories and other multimedia products; posting to social networking sites as guided by the digital media strategy
- Work closely with Program Technical teams to design, revise and review information, education and communication (IEC) materials, posters, project profiles, project reports, job aids and tools
- Design and production of communication materials including project job aids, project tools, posters, brochures, and other project-related IEC materials for the two projects in line with CHS and donor branding requirements.
- Contribute to a catalogued digital media library of CHS Images, videos and other multimedia products
- Facilitate and respond to media inquiries
- Build the capacity of project teams in the documentation of project success stories, best practices, presentation and photography skills as well as the correct use and application of the CHS brand
- Working closely with the Program Officer Advocacy, support relevant project advocacy efforts
- Take lead in the management and maintenance of the CHS website and support the implementation of the CHS
- Digital media strategy through regular content updates, monthly monitoring and evaluation of social media/web traffic through Google Analytics and Hootsuite
- Track analytics and create reports detailing successes and failures of various communication campaigns
Any other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations
- Three (3) years’ communication work experience in the planning and management of communication, print and broadcast media or interactive digital media for development, at either the national or international level
- Exceptional writing skills
- Knowledge of desktop publishing and video/audio editing software (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Experience with HTML or other browser-based Web content management system (CMS)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability and interest to write for a variety of mediums
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as well as ability to work in a culturally diverse team
- Attention to detail
- Ability to plan, manage and work in high-pressure situation under tight deadlines
- Photography and Videography skills
Resourceful and take initiative even when given minimal direction
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees clearly indicating the subject title as Communications Officer: CHS/HR/CO/01/2021 by 5.00 PM Tuesday, January 12 2021.
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
About Centre for Health Solutions
Centre for Health Solutions - Kenya (CHS) is a local, not-for-profit organisation. We understand the local context, make use of local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure we implement evidence-informed solutions and interventions to address existing and emerging public health concerns.