Field Officer (Kisumu)
Job TypeFull Time
The project focuses on improving the quality of water at point of use in health facilities, schools and ECD centres. Through this approach, clients visiting Maternal Child Health and Family Planning clinics, those seeking Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV services and Patient Support Centres, pupils and households receive P&G Purifier of Water supplies to treat their water. Hygiene education in relation to hand washing is also promoted among the clients and beneficiaries through these structures. The project also has a research arm that aims at enhancing sustainability of WASH interventions and strengthening the supply chain of water treatment products in rural communities
Tasks and responsibilities.
- Personnel, Management and Administration:Administer/maintain assigned motorcycle, computer and any other CARE properties assigned to you.
- Manage, utilize and account appropriately project finances under your custody i.e. project advances and TER.
- Project Development and Implementation:
- Strengthening and supporting the existing health facilities in the project sites of the respective County.
- Advice and support the schools administration on technical approaches and options of Point of Use (POU) interventions and linkages to POU service providers.
- Coordinate and liaise with County and Sub County heads of departments relating to health facilities and schools water, sanitation and hygiene to strengthen collaboration.
- Enhance teamwork and synergy among and between the CSDW Project team members, other CARE staff as well as other stakeholders.
- Assist the Research Officer/Manager in designing and development of training programmes, visual aids, participatory tools and other IEC materials.
- Assist the Research Officer/Manager in planning, coordinating and implementation of training of health workers, key ministry staff, partners, teachers and community health workers.
- Participate in relevant networking forums and other CARE organized functions.
- Submit monthly updates, quarterly, biannual and annual reports to the Research Officer/Manager.
- Monitor and compile inventory of the CSDW Project supplies i.e. distribution of P&G purifier of water sachets, hand-washing facilities, drinking water vessels and metal stands to schools and health facilities.
- Train Ministry of Education, Health and other relevant partners’ technical staff on water treatment, improved water storage system and behavior change approaches.
- Monitor school health club hygiene promotion activities and facilitate forward feed and back feed.
- Monitor and evaluate the adherence and adoption of the CSDW project intervention in schools, health facilities and households.
- Assist in rolling out innovations that the project will have identify
- Program Quality and LearningProactively engage in CARE Kenya knowledge and learning activities in line with the organization’s objective of becoming a learning organization (CARE academy, mentorship program, learning days, knowledge sharing workshops, support staff field visits, etc).
- Set at least one individual operating plan (IOP) to contribute to accountability and knowledge management in CARE
- Assist the Research Officer in data collection/research issues
- Contribute to writing of human interests stories and case studies
- Perform any other duties as may be deemed relevant and necessary by the Project Manager.
- Education: Degree in Environmental Health/Public Health/Community Health.
- 3 years minimum experience in implementing community based health programmes including point of use water treatment and public health programme in general.
- Good communication skills and experience in participatory methodologies.
- Innovation, motivation and able to work with minimal supervision.
- TOF/ TOT experience.
- Certificate: Research Methods
- Experience on water, sanitation and hygiene sector
- Computer literate (Microsoft office)
- Knowledge on behavior change technique.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle a must
- Excellent communication, report writing and interpersonal skills with high integrity,
- Team player and reliable,
- Good analytical and problem solving skills,
- Results oriented with ability to work well under pressure with minimum supervision while undertaking multiple tasks,
- Dedicated to maintaining high quality standards,
- Industrious with innovative and creative skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.