Job TypeFull Time
Experience2 – 3 years
Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
The Development Specialist will participate in business development and project management.
About the role
Cardno is seeking a full time Development Specialist to provide support in business development and project management.
The ideal Development Specialist candidate must be passionate about international development and have a commitment to delivering high quality services to our beneficiaries and clients in a professional manner always. In this highly dynamic role, the preferred candidate will be expected to work in a manner that optimizes cooperation with others to achieve our set corporate objectives.
The Development Specialist will participate in business development and project management and specific responsibilities will include:
- Proactively undertake research on project areas and support analysis of industry trends to better understand our clients’ needs
- Proactively and professionally engage with local, regional, and international partners and consultants
- Track business prospects and support conversion of opportunities into successful bids
- Support proposal preparation processes (conceptualizing, designing, preparing, undertaking quality assurance and timely submission)
- Draft proposal sections, as required
- Support recruitment of qualified local, regional, and international consultants
- Conduct follow-up with partners, consultants, and team members after proposal submission for debriefs, and to disseminate key lessons learned.
While the focus of the Development Specialist role will be in business development, there will be opportunities in project management to undertake the following tasks:
- Backstop projects, including monitoring project budgets
- Recruit, mobilize, and demobilize consultants
- Support development of annual plans and reports
- Support development and timely and quality delivery of deliverables
- Develop and sustain strong relationships with project teams and partners
- Visit project sites and attend project workshops
- Master’s degree in relevant international development field (Conflict and Peace Studies, Climatology, Disaster
- Management, Environmental Planning and Management, History, Political Science, Community Development, Gender, etc.) or related field.
- At least 3 years’ prior experience in international development assistance; working experience in an international environment is preferable
- At least 2 years’ prior experience in business development that includes participation in winning new projects
- Demonstrated success interacting with all levels of professional staff
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced commercial environment with serial deadlines
- Good communicator both oral and written, with strong interpersonal and negotiation skills to deal with persons of various cultural and educational backgrounds, service oriented
- Ability to work independently in a disciplined and organized manner
- Highly motivated, proactive with analytical and creative abilities to support problem solving
- Demonstrable ability in Microsoft Office suite
- Authorization to work in Kenya is required.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company. Our global team of dedicated professionals is united by our vision - to be a world leader in the provision of professional services to improve the physical and social environment. At Cardno we are driven by a clear set of values and an enduring commitment to forming strong partnerships with clients to create opportunities for significant, lasting change in both developed and emerging economies. Cardno employees are involved in projects that make a difference and help to shape the future for communities worldwide. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: CDD). Cardno has had a presence in Africa for more than 40 years, primarily involved in the delivery of international development assistance projects to developing nations. Most recently, Cardno has been significantly involved via Cardno BEC with the establishment and maintenance of significant mining ventures in several African countries including Tanzania. Our abiding strategy is to extend our infrastructure services and development assistance work throughout the continent.