Monitoring Team Lead
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 years
Job Field Research / Data Analysis
CAMRIS seeks a Monitoring Team Lead for the upcoming USAID/Kenya and East Africa (USAID/KEA) Evaluations, Assessments, and Analyses program. The USAID/KEA is seeking support in three areas: designing and implementing both quantitative and/or qualitative evaluation studies; developing and delivering evaluation and assessment training to USAID, its implementing partners, and local institutions to support USAID EAA needs; and build the capacity of local monitoring and evaluation (M&E) specialist to lead future activities.
*This is a forecasted position and it is contingent upon contract award.
The Monitoring Team Lead will be responsible for the overall management and functioning of all third-party monitoring, and capacity building activities. This includes:
- Overseeing all aspects of third party monitoring activities, such as planning, budgeting, recruitment of consultants, designing and implementing each assigned activity.
- Incorporation of M&E considerations into USAID/KEA’s strategy as it is developed and finalized and into USAID/KEA program and activity design;
- Assisting in the development of mission’s performance management plan (PMP) and project and activity monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) plans
- Assisting implementing partners to develop effective indicators
- Conducting data quality assessments (DQAs)
- Designing and conducting training in MEL topics to staff of USAID, Implementing partners, and other organizations recommended by USAID/KEA.
- Identifying appropriate staffing levels.
- Securing appropriate qualified staff.
- Managing an internal local team of monitoring specialists, and external short-term consultants.
- Providing relevant technical guidance.
- Leading consultations with relevant USAID/KEA staff and implementing partners.
- Identifying and executing appropriate agreed upon methodology, field work, research, reporting and deliverables.
- Tracking, analyzing and summarizing mission performance monitoring data using graphs, maps, and charts to facilitate mission decision-making.
- A Master’s or higher degree is preferred in organizational development, public policy or administration, business administration, research methods, knowledge management, political science, international relations or a related field.
- At least ten (10) years of international development experience involved in either monitoring or evaluation; project management; project design, or strategy development.
- Extensive experience developing performance indicators, MEL plans, and conducting DQAs.
- At least five (5) years of experience in designing and implementing third-party monitoring activities. .
- At least five (5) years of experience designing and conducting training in various MEL topics.
- Strong data analysis, English report writing, and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English required.
- Fluency in French and Swahili preferred.
- Able to effectively manage activities in a multi-cultural environment.
- At least five (5) years of supervisory experience.
- Must be a citizen of Kenya, Uganda, or Rwanda.
- Experience working with USAID is preferred.
- Experience working in East Africa is desired.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Camris International
CAMRIS is an international development and research firm with experience working in more than 80 countries. We combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. CAMRIS applies a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients. At CAMRIS, "finding a better way” is our constant mantra. We know that the people we work with face ever-increasing demands and often feel relentless pressure to do more with less. We’re deliberately structured to help our customers find smarter, faster, more flexible ways to adapt. Our lean, nimble structure means we can cost-effectively customize solutions based on what our customers really need instead of relying on what’s already on the shelf. And we can be more agile and responsive to changing requirements because our business approach and philosophy are never mired in one way of doing things.