Investment Officer (Emerging Markets / Project Finance / Business Development) – Nairobi, Kenya
Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 years
Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Reference Number: SHR
Sector: Financial Services
Scope: Africa, East Africa
A globally renowned finance organization is seeking Investment Officers or Operations Officers with expertise in one or more of the following sectors: Financial Services, Banking, Microfinance, Housing Finance, Insurance. The selected candidate will focus on supporting the development of high-quality investment pipelines under the supervision of the Global Investment Manager. S/he will also support policy work and other interventions across the Organizations to prioritize various initiatives and to maximize the impact of Investment efforts.
- Support the identification and assessment of investment opportunities based on country and sector strategies and market creation potential.
- Contribute to the development of feasibility studies and implementation plans for investment projects that lead to company investments.
- Assist in designing and implementing scalable solutions and platforms similar to “Scaling Solar” that can be replicated across markets.
- Help spot game-changing trends, technologies and business models that can bring solutions to emerging markets.
- Produce regular reports on the assigned investment portfolio including monitoring progress against project milestones and KPIs.
- Contribute to sector-specific data analysis and stress-testing of various operating models to help generate ideas for new projects, new products and platform businesses.
- Work with Organizations to analyze sector and regulatory reforms that are needed to unlock opportunities for private investment.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Master’s degree or equivalent professional qualification in Business, Finance, Economics, International Relations, Science, or another relevant field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in project and/or program development, producing feasibility studies, hands-on advisory and/or consulting functions in emerging markets.
- Genuine commitment to development and to the organizations mission, strategy and values.
- Capacity to innovate and challenge the status quo and experience in new idea generation, business development, and creating projects/programs from scratch.
- Understanding of the relevant sector and ability to link policy reforms, advisory interventions, investment, and mobilization to deliver solutions at a country level via the Cascade approach.
- Ability to engage with private sector clients, local and national governments and other stakeholders to encourage pioneering business and market development.
- Experience in project/program management, including executing against implementation plans with defined business development milestones.
- Experience in monitoring and reporting on a portfolio of projects/programs/initiatives.
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English, Arabic and French
Benefits And Contractual Information
- 3-year renewable contract
- Willing to relocate if applicable
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About CA Global Africa Recruitment
CA Global Headhunters is an international recruitment and staffing company with an in-depth focus on Recruitment in Africa. We recruit talent of the highest standard across African Sectors in Mining, Oil & Gas, Engineering, Banking, Finance, Legal, Insurance, Commodities and Agriculture. As the African markets further grow and develop, our skills and expertise simultaneously grow too, ensuring that we deliver the best service for both clients and candidates. Our extensive candidate network built up over 8 years comprises the most diverse, skilled and experienced candidates.