Office Manager – National Crime Agency
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing wide ranging office management and administrative support to the National Crime Agency (NCA) Team at British High Commission in Nairobi. The role provides an opportunity to work in a fast paced role supporting a high profile foreign policy priority by helping tackle Serious and Organised Crime in Kenya and the East Africa Region. The successful candidate will be working with a wide range of colleagues across the crime and justice sector within the British High Commission in Nairobi, UK and Kenyan Government Departments, and other Foreign Missions in Kenya.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Manage significant budgets maintaining precise records on PRISM and NCA records.
- Provide administrative support to NCA Team.
- Complete corporate records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop skills and understanding of the maintenance and research of analytical data.
- Manage staff (principally locally engaged NCA driver)
Duties and responsibilities:
- Through a clear understanding of budgetary processes, be able to manage NCA budgeting processes including cross charging and PRISM accounting processes.
- Organise travel and accommodation arrangements for NCA staff Nairobi, and those of visitors planned throughout the year.
- Maintenance of an office diary and ILO diary and contacts database.
- Keeping office inventories up to date, including the timely submission of returns to NCA London.
- Liaison with other NCA offices and other law enforcement partners in person and in writing, collating information and preparing reports.
- Searching open source material, keeping abreast of news and media relating to NCA business.
- Arranging and attending conferences, meetings, workshops and representing the NCA at such events as appropriate.
- Timely completion of one’s own performance records as well as that of those managed.
- Performing ad-hoc duties such a managing other corporate duties as is commensurate to the role.
- Maintaining the role of single point of contact in relation to IT issues.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
1 member of staff (driver)
- Budget of approximately £1million
- Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Previous administrative and/or project management experience or other relevant transferable experience.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Ability to plan ahead and prioritise effectively
- Excellent IT skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience of budget management including monitoring spend and processing invoices
- Ability to produce clear and accurate work with attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and use initiative to solve problems
- A flexible and proactive approach
Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to above to apply
About British High Commission
The British High Commission in Nairobi is the diplomatic mission of the United Kingdom in Nairobi. It is located in the Upper Hill area of Nairobi.The British High Commission in Kenya maintains and develops relations between the UK and Kenya.We provide services to British nationals living in and visiting Kenya.