Operations & Admin Manager
Job TypeFull Time
Experience3 – 5 years
Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial
SALARY RANGE KSH 60K-80K
Our client is a logistics company with several water trucks. They are seeking to hire an Operations & Administration Manager with a strong background in marketing and Fleet management. Under general directions the incumbent supervises and coordinates company’s activities and operations on assigned activities and provides highly responsible staff assistance to the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- General business development. This entails prospecting for new business, plan persuasive approaches that will convince potential clients to deliver growth in the company’s three main product offerings through a structured comprehensive marketing & advertising strategy. Identify opportunities for improving service delivery methods, client satisfaction and operating procedures; identify resource needs and implement these improvements.
- Coordinate the organization’s staffing requirements, shifts and operational activities and maximize all available resources (water trucks & equipment, staff) at all times.
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities; recommend and ensure implementation of these results-driven policies and procedures in a timely fashion.
- Direct, coordinate and review the work plan for the company; assign work activities and projects; monitor work flow; sub contractors’ and other service providers’, review and evaluate work deliverables, methods and procedures; meet with staff bi-weekly to discuss performance to identify and resolve problems.
- Oversee company’s maintenance functions for the water point, borehole equipment, trucks, motor bike and other equipment. The incumbent must have a sound technical know-how and experience to ensure proper maintenance and service knowledge and hands on experience/competencies to ensure all infrastructure, pumps, trucks & related operational equipment are in good working condition at all times
- Ensure all statutory compliance is adhered to – in areas of inspections, licenses and insurance
- Maintain and update service & maintenance records to include a file for each truck/crew
- Routine updating of the maintenance checklists for all vehicles.
- Manage & Control by checking mileage, mean consumption rates, routes, travel logbooks vs. the tracking systems and update for approval re-fueling vouchers/LPO’s
- Prepare and present the daily, weekly & monthly operations reports. Present the Quarterly Performance Reviews.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate/appraise performance of personnel; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and effect termination procedures as necessary.
- Participate in the development and administration of the company’s annual PLAN budget; forecast funds needed for staffing, training, equipment, materials and supplies; monitor and implement approved expenditures; recommend adjustments as necessary.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors for periodic accounting and operational systems examination.
- Degree/ diploma in a Business related course
- 3-5 years ‘prior experience working in truck & logistics fleet management with strong operational management skills
- Previous experience in Sales and marketing will be an added advantage
- Strong entrepreneurial skills.
- Leadership skills and a team player
- The ideal candidate must be honest, hardworking & committed.
- Have good analytical skills and have good situational awareness at all times.
- Must be able to deliver and exceed expectations in a challenging environment.
- Ability to attain growth targets semi-independently/autonomously.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills and experience
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Brites Management
Brites Management Services Limited is one of the best leading Recruitment and HR consultancy companies in Nairobi, Kenya. We are registered and incorporated under Companies Act (Cap. 486) and we provide a complete range of HR Solutions. Our sole focus is to simplify the complexities of the HR department and help companies concentrate on the core business as we handle HR tasks more efficiently and accurately. We have diverse staff of seasoned professionals who are passionate about value addition to our clients. We deliver our services in a professional manner offering expertise support that amplifies a company’s potential by having a systematic process to not only offer the best talents but also other performance monitoring services. Over the years, we have acted as a preferred and the best Recruitment and HR Consultancy Company in Kenya, Africa, Middle East and handling assignments from all corners of the world. With our vast experience and in depth understanding of international recruitment procedures, we have proved ourselves in providing end to end HR solutions which bridges the gap between the employer and the employee, bringing them together. We are a one stop shop for all HR Solutions in Nairobi, Kenya; ranging from Recruitment and Head hunting, Labour outsourcing, Payroll Management, Staff Training and Team building, Performance Management, Developing Employee handbooks and manuals, we also conduct salary surveys and offer marketing services. Our services help organizations to implement effective processes to ensure organizational goals and objectives are achieved with ease and speed. We strive to provide you with unrivaled quality services to increase the effectiveness of your operations. So if looking for the best Recruitment and HR Consultancy company in Nairobi, Kenya; Look no further and get us working.