Head of IT – Britam Life Assurance (k) Ltd
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 years
Job Field ICT / Computer
Ensures that the organization delivers the capability to develop innovative strategies, products, services and processes and that in the end enhance customer satisfaction and internal organizational efficiencies.
- Develop and maintain an IT strategy roadmap for the Life Business unit that is aligned to the Group IT strategy and Life Business Strategy.
- Liaise with the rest of the IT Leaderships to develop and maintain the Britam Group Enterprise Architecture.
- Be the strategic advisor on all IT matters to the leadership of the Life Business Unit.
- Champion the digital transformation initiatives within the Life Business unit.
- Lead the initiation, planning, implementation, monitoring and closure of IT projects within the Life Business Unit.
- Prepare and manage IT project budgets for the Life Business Unit.
- Lead the development of Technology innovation plans which ensure that new and existing technology are utilized in order to create operational efficiencies and enable the achievement of Business goals.
- Implement Britam Group IT Governances standards, policies and procedures within the Life Business Unit.
- Lead IT risk management processes within the Life Business Unit.
- Liaise with Group IT functions to ensure adherence to the Life Business Unit SLA.
- Assesses the effectiveness of existing IT systems in order to plan for growth and future changes within the organization.
- Develops and maintains third-party vendor relationships to develop strengthen and support Information Systems and enterprise architecture.
- Lead, coach and supervise assigned staff and resources .
- Delegated Authority: As per the approved Delegated Authority Matrix.
Key Performance Measures
- As described in the Personal Score Card.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelors in Computer Science/ Information Technology
- Masters in Computer Science/Information Technology/Business Management is an added advantage
- 7-10 years’ experience in IT Service delivery, Project management and System Development, 3-4 years of which should be in a management position
- ITIL Foundation
- Relevant IT professional qualifications such asCertified Business Analyst Professional – CBAP
- TOGAF Certified Enterprise Architect
- Oracle Certified Master – Java EE
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- 5 years’ experience in design, build and operation of system critical applications in the telecommunication, banking or insurance industry.
- Change Leaders in Britam need to:
- Strategically lead a function to service customers from a sustainable and growing customer base whilst increasing profit;
- Continuously configure and adapt the functional area to most effectively suite the future view of the business;
- Introduce new concepts so that they are adopted appropriately at the right time (manage the rate of change);
- Be in touch with the changing industry, customer needs and international best practice;
- Improve the efficiency of the function by appropriately challenging managers about operational and tactical issues;
- Ensure the function has the most appropriate people capability through effective inspirational leadership, people development, and optimized succession planning;
- Ensure clarity of expectations for individuals in the function and other stakeholders across the Business;
- Facilitate functional integration;
- Ensure the development and establishment of appropriate behavior and values (culture) within the function that aligns with the strategic direction and values of the business;
- Co-ordinate between functions and divisions to ensure optimization of the value chain and resources;
- Ensure alignment of strategy, objectives and deliverables within the function;
- Develop innovative partnerships and distribution channels to increase Britam’s market penetration;
- Ensure a seamless experience for clients;
- Appropriately allocate funds and capital to maximize shareholder value;
- Adequately manage operational risk;
- Increase operational efficiency;
- Provide access to accurate and consistent information and services across all channels;
- Improve quality and speed of decision making across the business.
Technical/ Functional competencies
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of and high regard for emerging mobile, web technologies and Systems
- Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as project management processes and execution
- Have expert knowledge of Mobile infrastructure, internet technologies, ecommerce and e-payment technologies
- A sound understanding of portfolio, programme and project management and a track record of delivering and enabling large-scale complex change programmes
- Exceptional inter-personal skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Britam Life Assurance (k) Ltd
Britam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The group has interests across the Eastern and Southern Africa region, with operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan, Mozambique and Malawi. The group offers a wide range of financial products and services in Insurance, Asset management, Banking and Property. Our Mission is to provide outstanding financial services to our customers. Our Vision is to be the most trusted financial service partner. We aim to provide our clients, with an unmatched offering, ensuring first class solutions that help secure the future.