IT Operations Associate (Nairobi)
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldICT / Computer
IT Operations Department
IT Operations is responsible for last mile delivery of technology, ensuring that everyone from school staff to executives, all have the functioning technology they need to excel at their jobs. It also oversees the technical infrastructure that supports and connects all of our global offices, as well as the back-office systems that power our customer care centers, finance teams, warehouses, and more. Within the technology group, IT Operations also holds the distinction of being the only department with a dedicated presence in each of our operating territories, meaning that is also the key conduit and primary advocate for all aspects of technology at our, ensuring the work done by the other technology departments delivers on its potential.
About the Role
The Associate, IT Operations will ensure the provision of superior customer service throughout the business, through the maintenance, enhancement and efficient operation of IT functions. Additionally, the role will include responsibility for ensuring the security and integrity of IT operations and systems. The flexibility to work outside normal business hours is integral to this role, as is the ability to work under broad direction and minimal supervision.
- Install and configure new IT equipment – Servers, PCs, Laptops, Smart phones, Tablets, Projectors, Nooks, etc.
- Coordinate identification of training needs and training users on a one to one or on a group basis on usage of various IT systems or applications.
- Perform preventive maintenance on various IT equipment and software – Laptops, Servers, AP, E-Readers, Printers, Security Systems, etc.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing IT equipment including Computers, Laptops, E Readers, Smart Phones, and other peripherals.
- Capture all user requests as they come in via phone or email on the incidents management system and ensuring users get updates on the status and progress of their requests.
- Coordinate equipment maintenance activities including software upgrades and patches and service packs in a manner that ensures continued service operation.
- Assist in maintaining proper inventory and asset records and documentation of changes in ownership for all company assets.
- Liaise with vendors to ensure that company equipment are serviced and maintained as per SLAs, and schedules.
- Escalate IT calls (Tickets) to IT Officers, specialists and vendors as necessary.
- Support with deployment and roll out of new applications, systems and devices.
- Assist in ensuring that devices that have been repaired or fixed are properly deployed in a secure and manner.
- Assist in developing training material that can be used to improve system and device handling and utilization, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science or related discipline or;
- Advanced diploma in electronics or other related field
- Basic experience providing IT office support
- Knowledge of Android Technologies, Smart Phones, Nooks
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies and WIFI Configurations
- Hardware and Software troubleshooting skills.
- Planning and organizing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different.
- You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Bridge International
Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest education innovation company serving the 700 million families who live on less than $2 USD per day. We strive to provide the highest quality education product to the more than 100,000 students who attend Bridge’s more than 400 nursery and primary schools across emerging markets in Africa and (soon to open) in Asia The first Bridge International Academy opened in the Mukuru slum in Nairobi, Kenya in 2009. Today there are hundreds and Bridge continues to expand across Africa and Asia. With a mission of Knowledge for all, Bridge plans to educate 10,000,000 children across a dozen countries by 2025.