PR Manager for Africa
Job Type Full Time
Experience 7 years
Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
We are looking for a PR Manager to join the Bolt PR team and help us tell our story across our African markets.
You will be based in one of our main offices in Nairobi (Kenya) or Johannesburg (South Africa). You’ll report to the Head of Communications and will be part of an international team working in different cities in Europe and Africa, with readiness to travel within your region and to our HQ in Tallinn, Estonia.
Let’s build the future of transport together!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Make sure that Bolt is known and trusted in all of our target markets in the region to enable us to launch new markets and grow existing ones
- Develop PR strategies, from corporate to consumer PR, to build awareness of Bolt
Plan, deliver and measure results for PR activities in order to ensure consistent positive coverage for the company
- Develop and run an agency network to help deliver our targets in the region
- Manage crisis communications
- Support employer brand-related activities in your region
- Work together with marketing and social media teams on integrated campaigns
- At least 7 years of experience in a PR agency or in-house comms team for a growth company
- International experience – you’ve run PR campaigns that have included a number of markets, including Kenya,
- Nigeria or South Africa, and you know how to adapt messages for different audiences
- Agency experience – you know a great PR agency from a mediocre one
- A strategic mindset coupled with an eye for detail
- Outstanding writing skills as well as an understanding of different styles of writing (from press releases to op-eds, from blog posts to spokesperson briefings)
- Excellent written and spoken English (knowledge of Swahili is a plus)
- The ability to work closely with different internal teams with confidence
- A can-do approach to solving problems. Never done that before? Not in your job description? You don’t care, you’ll work it out.
- Motivating compensation – motivational base pay and company stock options
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Amazing personal growth experience at one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe
- Working with a motivated and talented international team, plus regular team events
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Impactful work – you’ll have a rare opportunity to build a product literally used by millions of people across the world
- Our team is made up of thinkers, innovators and go-getters shaping the way millions of people move around the globe. We value passionate and down-to-earth people who are driven to get things done and find creative solutions to problems. We recognise that our strength and success are directly linked to the talent and skills of our team members and a lean approach to our work. Our headquarters are situated in Tallinn, Estonia and we have offices in 30+ countries around the world.
Did we spark your interest? Get in touch and let’s talk!
MODE OF APPLICTAION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB:’button above to apply for this job.
Bolt, previously known as Taxify, is the leading European transportation platform providing ride-hailing and scooter sharing services. The company’s mission is to make urban travel easier, quicker and more reliable