Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 – 5 years
Job Field Administration / Secretarial
We are looking for an Operations Coordinator who can work together with the team in growing our business across Kenya, and to be involved in Driver training, onboarding and coordination of demand operations in Mombasa. This person will support the ongoing actions of the team in entrenching our growth and expansion in towns and cities within Kenya, focusing on the Mount Kenya Region (Nanyuki, Nyeri, Meru and Embu).
Let’s build the future of transportation together!
What you will be doing:
- Operations Management:Support Bolt’s business operations in Kenya from a remote working structure out of Mombasa, reporting into the team in Nairobi.
- New Supply Management:Join in figuring out the logistics of how many drivers are needed where and when, and provide support in any defined actions to make this happen.
- Onboard new drivers to Bolt’s platform – educating the drivers about Bolt’s business model, how to successfully join and earn using Bolt’s platform and managing Driver actions on the platform.
- Train, support and actively monitor drivers to ensure quality service and if needed, take actions in solving encountered problems or finding solutions to any issues raised by Drivers operating on the platform in Mombasa.
- Develop and execute strategies to keep the churn rate at minimum levels.
- Existing Supply Management:Manage the communication and dissemination of all information from the Country’s central operations in Nairobi, to/with the drivers in Mombasa.
- Recommend and implement supply related processes – scaling is one of our priorities; you will help us find the most efficient way to transform thousands of leads into active drivers and active drivers to happy drivers.
- Demand Operations:Analyse data – you will monitor and report on the results of all our engagements, quality and utilisation metrics in Mombasa and ensure a great experience for users and drivers on the platform in Mombasa.
- Engage and report – a huge part of our business is providing safe, convenient and affordable rides; you will therefore support with in-country related marketing activation projects targeted at generating increased demand for the onboarded drivers in Mombasa.
- Create loyal fans by handling customer queries like a boss.
- Have 3-5 years of experience in Operations, Sales or Business Development related roles.
- Have excellent communication and people relations skills.
- Have balanced experience in the use of analytical skills and analytical thinking in past or present work experience (advanced Excel skills are a must)
- You are social, comfortable with written & spoken English and you can easily network with people of different backgrounds.
- You are a hustler, not stopping after 20 obstacles a day.
The following are a plus:
- Experience in or passionate about the sharing economy, transport technology, the startup ecosystem or dynamic high-growth companies.
- Experience in product launches or running a technology-enabled business within Mombasa.
- Motivating compensation – motivational base pay and company stock options
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Amazing personal growth experience at one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe
- Working with a motivated and talented international team, plus regular team events
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Impactful work – you’ll have a rare opportunity to build a product literally used by millions of people across the world
- Our team is made up of thinkers, innovators and go-getters shaping the way millions of people move around the globe. We value passionate and down-to-earth people who are driven to get things done and find creative solutions to problems. We recognise that our strength and success are directly linked to the talent and skills of our team members and a lean approach to our work. Our headquarters are situated in Tallinn, Estonia and we have offices in 35+ countries around the world.
Did we spark your interest? Get in touch and let’s talk!
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
Bolt, previously known as Taxify, is the leading European transportation platform providing ride-hailing and scooter sharing services. The company’s mission is to make urban travel easier, quicker and more reliable