Healthcare Affairs & Innovation Manager
Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 – 5 years
Job Field Medical / Healthcare
We are hiring a Health Care Affairs & Innovation Manager, based in Kenya, reporting to the Government Affairs/Market Access/Healthcare Affairs/KAM Manager-SSA (Sub-Saharan Africa).
It is a managerial role with no direct reports. It’s a strategic position that requires expertise in the field of Market Access and Health Care Affairs, a comprehensive understanding of theories and practices in own subject area plus a broad understanding of other areas and a deep understanding of factors external to the business including knowledge of the industry, regulations and commercial environment.
This individual will be responsible for the geographic area of SSA countries and entire Boehringer Ingelheim Therapeutic Areas. This position has an impact on the business through provision of advisory services in support of strategic decision making.
This individual is responsible to;
Monitor, interpret and shape developments and gaps in healthcare policies and healthcare delivery for our current and future HP product portfolio
Direct, devise and execute strategic plans to proactively address care gaps and appropriately position BI products for adoption and rationale use in clinical practice within the healthcare system (i.e. through guidelines, protocols, algorithms)
Support the operating unit in adapting and implementing regional Healthcare Affairs, Healthcare Innovation and Strategic Payer Partnership strategies to achieve its objectives, by reviewing regulations at national level to understand risks and opportunities for BI portfolio, screening and researching best practices at national and global level concerning Healthcare Innovation to develop tools and techniques to enhance market access capabilities in the operation unit.
- Develop Healthcare Affairs, Healthcare Innovation and Strategic Payer Partnership tactics in liaising with Regional Healthcare Affairs Manager
- Execute Healthcare Affairs, Healthcare Innovation and Strategic Payer Partnership plans for respective Therapeutic Area`s and products
- Establish close working relationships with colleagues in the Operating Unit (Marketing, Medical, Commercial Operations) and regional counterparts
- Develop new business opportunities to improve access to healthcare
- Develop deep insights into the relationships amongst stakeholders within the healthcare system
- Active participation in relevant regional or global meetings, to ensure that OPU needs are addressed as well as high quality knowledge transfer into Operating Unit to enable Operating Units Market Access teams to successfully implement Health Care Affairs strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Master in Health Economics and Pharmaeconomics is a plus
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in the field of Market Access
- Negotiation experience with Governments on key projects are essential
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry among others in health economics, outcome research, pricing, reimbursement, planning/development/maintenance of relationships
- Experience in clinical research and HEOR studies, interaction between medical/marketing/sales (e.g. brand team experience), development and performance of scientific research as well as HEOR projects, and interaction with medical external experts and stakeholders within health care and government, having Head of Market Access responsibility in the Operating Unit
- Results orientation/Conflict Resolution/Negotiation Skills/ Presentation Skills/Team working/Time
- Management/Creativity and Critical Thinking/ Working Under Pressure/ Problem Solving and Decision
- Making/Project Management/Business Administration
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Boehringer Ingelheim
Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies. Some 50,000 employees create value through innovation daily for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceuticals. They are driven by the desire to serve mankind by improving human and animal health. Improving the health and quality of life of humans and animals is the goal of the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim. The focus in doing so is on diseases for which no satisfactory treatment option exists to date. The company therefore concentrates on developing innovative therapies that can extend patients’ lives. In animal health, Boehringer Ingelheim stands for advanced prevention.