Senior Investment Officer (Analytics)
As a member of the regional financial institutions debt investment team, you will perform and lead the planning and undertaking of the on-site due diligence and prepare full investment proposals to assess the feasibility and completion of debt investment opportunities in Africa.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Perform desk review and on-site analysis to assess risk of existing and potential clients for the Region;
- Participate in all stages of the investment process, from screening to execution. This includes, but not limited to,
- preparing detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis, leading due diligence process, and presenting investment proposals to the investment committees;
- Mentor, support and work with the local team of investment officers, as well as contribute to the development of investment/ credit analysis processes and tools of the Company.
Required Skills And Experience
- 5-10 years of relevant working experience in banking as well as in deposit and non-deposit taking financial entities catering to SMEs and micro entrepreneurs with loans and tailor made products like leasing and factoring;
- Ideally at least 3 years of relevant working experience in the Region;
- Experience in performing financial due diligences and/or risk assessments on financial institutions;
- Experience with assessing debt investments and conducting detailed credit analysis;
- Excellent problem solving and presentation skills required to effectively manage internal and external communication;
- Excellent verbal and writing communication in English and French is a m ust;
- Bachelor or Master Degree in finance, business administration, economics, or related field.
Your personal profile
- Flexible, highly analytical, self-starter with ambition to excel, detail oriented and a developed commercial acumen;
- High work ethic, capable of multitasking and producing high quality output within set deadlines;
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment;
- High degree of responsibility and accountability.
What we offer
- Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change;
- An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development;
- A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe;
- Attractive compensation and exciting career opportunities.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
BlueOrchard Finance is a globally leading impact investment manager with offices in Zurich, Geneva, Luxembourg, Lima, Nairobi, Tbilisi, and Phnom Penh. The company was founded in 2001 by initiative of the UN as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide. To this day, the company has invested over USD 3bn in institutions across 60 emerging and frontier markets, providing access to financial and other services to over 26 million low-income individuals.