Executive Assistant, Nairobi
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial
BirdLife International is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced individual for the position of Executive Assistant to Regional Director & Admin Officer. The main responsibilities will be to:
Ensure effective management of the Regional Director’s schedule and Office, including supporting the governance, communications and management of strategic alliances
Provide administration support to the BirdLife Secretariat in Africa; and
Support the administration components of the Strong High Sea project.
Main roles and activities:
- Manage appointments, emails and travel for Regional Director
Serve as first responder for the Regional Director, act appropriately on his behalf by responding to requests and monitoring deadlines
- Maintain the Partnership contact data and internal distribution lists
- Prepare briefing papers, reports, advocacy materials and presentations, and take minutes at Partnership and Board meetings
- Support the recruitment of new BirdLife Partner
- Ensure effective and efficient management use and maintenance of office facilities and equipment across the BirdLife Africa Offices
- Support in the management and selection of vendors, purchase of equipment, services, and manage. contracts and database of service providers
- Support the effective management of the legal and risk function, ensuring offices and staff are compliant with national laws and BirdLife procedures
- Manage and maintain the current filing and database system, and look for ways to improve current systems
- Support and track implementation of project activities
- Coordinate timely submission of project narrative and financial report
Organise project events
Required skills, experience and qualifications:
- Relevant qualification in Business Administration, Secretarial & Administrative skills, including minute taking
- Diplomacy, good writing skills, good interpersonal communications, monitoring and evaluation
- Proven track record in a senior secretarial or business support role
- Experience of project planning and coordination
- Proactive and pre-emptive approach
- Organised, with the ability to keep track of a wide variety of tasks
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbal and written
- Tact and diplomacy, and the ability to influence
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- People oriented and able to interact with a wide diversity of people
- Flexibility when working with other colleagues
- Application deadline: 30 October 2020
The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Salary & benefits:
Commensurate with experience and qualifications and in accordance with BirdLife International, Africa Division terms and conditions.
Gross monthly salary: Kshs. 170,000 – 200,000
Length/duration of this position: 2 years
Working hours: Full time 40 hours per week
Date when the job expected to start: 01 December 2020
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Applications, including a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and names and contact addresses of three referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity,
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About BirdLife International
BirdLife International is a global partnership of conservation organisations (NGOs) that strives to conserve birds, their habitats and global biodiversity, working with people towards sustainability in the use of natural resources. Together we are 121 BirdLife Partners worldwide – one per country or territory – and growing.
We are driven by our belief that local people, working for nature in their own places but connected nationally and internationally through our global Partnership, are the key to sustaining all life on this planet. This unique local-to-global approach delivers high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
BirdLife is widely recognised as the world leader in bird conservation. Rigorous science informed by practical feedback from projects on the ground in important sites and habitats enables us to implement successful conservation programmes for birds and all nature. Our actions are providing both practical and sustainable solutions significantly benefiting nature and people.