Quantitative Researcher (Short Term)
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Research / Data Analysis
BFA Global (BFA) seeks a quantitative researcher with expertise in applied statistics for a three-month engagement. BFA is currently conducting online and offline surveys to inform service providers, policymakers, investors, startups, and entrepreneurs about the impact of the global Coronavirus pandemic, and potential mitigants. These surveys, often digital, inform multi-methods research programs concerning financial health, livelihoods, and innovation in low- and middle-income countries.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Candidates must possess an advanced degree (or a bachelor’s degree plus significant work experience) in a related discipline such as statistics, econometrics, development economics, or policy studies. Proficiency in R or Stata is required. Prior experience with field research or impact evaluation in low-income countries is strongly preferred.
- Advanced degree in applied statistics, OR relevant social science discipline, such as development economics, political science, or policy analysis, with significant experience in quantitative analysis.
- Exposure to financial inclusion, innovation, digital livelihoods, survey research, or impact evaluation is desirable.
- Proficiency with statistical software (R or Stata) and data visualization.
- Team player who communicates well collaborates effectively and can operate independently and takes responsibility for deliverables.
- The researcher will expand and complement the research team supporting various projects and programs across different geographies. They will contribute to research designs, survey operations, data collection, data cleaning, data analysis, and visualization. Research teams at BFA include social scientists, business modelers, data scientists, and financial analysts. The researcher will use a variety of tools such as R, Python, Stata, and Tableau.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About BFA Global
Founded in 2006, BFA is a global consulting firm specializing in financial services for low-income people. We partner with cutting-edge organizations that touch the lives of low-income consumers such as financial institutions, fintech companies and information providers. We integrate our deep expertise in customer insights, business strategy, new technology, and growth-enabling policy and regulation to create solutions. Our clients include donors, investors, financial institutions, policymakers, insurers and payment service providers. How does BFA develop financial solutions for low income customers? BFA has globally-recognized expertise in understanding financial behaviors and needs of low-income consumers. By identifying needs and balancing the realities of the supply side (financial services provider) and demand side (consumer), we create products and services that generate shared value for both sides.