Territory Manager – Integrated Diagnostic Solutions East Africa
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Reports to: Business Manager LS
The position is accountable for the execution the IDS Strategy of the respective territory. It holds full accountability for the for the sales performance for specific countries as determined by the Business Manager LS . The position provides leadership to the IDS clinical/ applications team including dedicated sales associates when part of the team. This key position provides close collaboration and coordination between the IDS business as well as geographically located functions and co-ordinates all customer and distributor initiatives in the designated territory.
- Executes all aspects of the IDS business strategy for assigned markets to ensure the achievement of financial/budget expectations.
- Engages the IDS organization in the territory around objectives with customers and distributors for the complete IDS portfolio .
- Supports the the implementation of go-to-market plans, Including market development initiatives, to ensure effective leverage of resources and capabilities.
- Supports the development of marketing plans including IDS value preposition development, product portfolio management and launching new products.
- Support key financial business processes including FOSY updates, budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
- Proactively monitors the financial performance of the territory and communicates any deviations from critical project plans. Ensures implementation of any necessary contingency plans and/or corrective actions to effectively mitigate risks.
- A key area of responsibility is effective distributor management and and ongoing review of the distributors in the territory to ensure that we have the right distributors/ partners to execute the strategy in the territory
- Distribution management inc. assessing skills and capabilities of distributor sales reps with , coaching and performance management and account prioritization
- Leads demand generation and pipeline management to support accurate forecasting
- Where applicable uses the CRM system to manage the sale force effectiveness KPIs for the territory
- Overseas the order to cash process for the IDS business
- Understands and anticipates external environment trends. Factors that into the execution plans.
- Engage with the external stakeholders, healthcare providers and decision makers to ensure BD understanding of the healthcare agenda and building partnership. Builds understanding and gain acceptance of the BD IDS value proposition among BD partners.
- Motivates and develops talents within the IDS organization in order to advance the bench strength of the business.
- Business AcumenDemonstrates the ability to integrate an understanding of sound business and financial fundamentals with in-depth knowledge of our market and industry.
- Will have more than 5 years of sales, marketing and business management experience including at least 3 years with full P&L accountability- recommended
- Will have a track record of success in the Health Science market and / or preferably in the diagnostics field, built on an extensive network of KOL and scientific societies
- Has strong business ethics.
- Setting StrategyCreates competitive strategies and and designs SMART tactical plans.
- Translates strategy into clear and realistic plans.
- Anticipates future consequences and trends accurately.
- Fast learner who is able to quickly achieve a thorough understanding of the business opportunities for BD and adapt business models to a fast changing market and regulatory environment.
- Executing for ResultsConsistently strives to achieve challenging goals and objectives, can be counted on to exceed targets, and steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage, coordinate and deploy human, and technical resources to achieve business plans.
- Capable project and process manager.
- The successful candidate sets compelling goals, conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure.
- Leading TeamsHas the ability to organize and build high performance multi-functional teams
- Identifies and keeps others focused on the most important metrics that drive the business.
- Gets personally and actively involved in developing, and retaining top talent
- Quickly embodies and lives the BD values
- Building Relationships and Using Influence
- Engages others in ways that gain their willing support and cooperation in pursuing initiatives or particular courses of action.
- Is attentive to the different ways that others are persuaded.
- Gains acceptance by understanding the viewpoints of others and seeking win/win solutions.
- Understands the complexities within the organization; is practical and perceptive in using appropriate methods, resources and the cooperation of others to accomplish objectives.
- Other requirements;Ability and willingness to undertake significant travels and on a regular basis international trips.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
BD is a global medical technology company that is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD leads in patient and health care worker safety and the technologies that enable medical research and clinical laboratories. The company provides innovative solutions that help advance cellular studies and genomics, enhance the diagnosis of infectious disease and cancer, improve medication management, promote infection prevention, equip surgical and interventional procedures and support the management of diabetes. The company partners with organizations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues. BD has nearly 50,000 associates across 50 countries who work in close collaboration with customers and partners to help enhance outcomes, lower health care delivery costs, increase efficiencies, improve health care safety and expand access to health.