Request for Professional Auditing Services
Job TypeFull Time
BBC MEDIA ACTION
BBC Media Action is the BBC’s international development charity. We are headquartered in London and have an office in Nairobi, Kenya.
PURPOSE BBC Media Action is soliciting proposals from qualified auditing firms to conduct an audit for a climate change project funded by the UK’s Meteorological Office (and back funded by the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office).**
The period of the audit is from July 2018 to end of November 2020. Total approximate expense for the project period is GBP 944,565.
The audit needs to take place from 15th January 2021, a draft audit report submitted by 31st January 2021 and a final report submitted by 10th February 2021.
SCOPE AND LOCATION **
The audit shall be conducted in Nairobi, Kenya at the project’s office. Although due to Covid-19 restrictions it will likely be necessary for the auditor to work remotely for much of the time and only visit the site for limited periods.
· Draft complete audit report
· Final complete audit report
· Copy of audited financial statement.
· Proposed management letter for BBC Media Action Kenya
- Evidence of 5 years’ experience of INGO audit.
- Certificate of incorporation as Certified Public Accountant.
- License/ability to operate in Kenya.
- Evidence showing a minimum of three audit experiences auditing projects funded by international institutional donors (such as but not limited to NORAD, FCDO, ECHO, EU and UN Agencies).
STRUCTURE OF THE PROPOSAL TO BE SUBMITTED
- Executive summary: describe your understanding of the work to be performed and your firm’s ability to perform the work within the timeframe given.
- Professional experience: describe how your firm is suitable to deliver this work.
- Team qualifications.
- Detailed audit plan.
- Your fee proposal to conduct the basic audit function (including any travel/accommodation that may be required), along with your fee schedule for additional services that may be required beyond the scope of the audit engagement.
- Propose for how the audit can be conducted largely remotely (minimizing visits to our project office)
- Client references: list of three relevant non-profit clients the firm has served within the past three years.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
The proposal must be valid for at least 60 Days and must be submitted
About BBC Media
BBC Media Action was founded in 1999 by the BBC as its international development charity. We apply the editorial standards of the BBC, build on its values and often work closely with the BBC World Service and other BBC departments. However, we are legally and financially independent and work to a distinct mission. Originally known as BBC World Service Trust we changed our name to BBC Media Action in December 2011.
BBC Media Action is the BBC's international charity. In a world where media can be divisive and untrustworthy, we believe in the power of media and communication to do good. Our work reaches millions of people facing insecurity, inequality and poverty with information they can trust.