Portfolio & Market Intelligence Manager
What you can expect
The successful incumbent will be the dedicated link between the Marketing, Sales & Technical organizations. They will identify, develop & implement new business & optimization strategies that will address the needs of the farmer, streamline the existing portfolio, reduce back-office complexity, improve measures against competitor activities, and result in growth in business profitability & market performance. Duties will, inter alia include the following:
- Pro-actively steer & support the positive development & optimization of the current & future product & service portfolio in collaboration with counterparts in Sales & Technical
- Maximize market coverage & profitability in defined strategic segments, whilst keeping costs to a minimum
Pro-actively seek out & contribute to opportunities that increase the positive brand awareness of BASF & its products
- Be a role model in all matters concerning compliance, anti-trust & business ethics
- Pro-actively source & contribute relevant, accurate & compliant market & competitor intelligence, that supports the development & implementation of crop-, product-, country- & Market Approach Strategies
- Source, assess & review product, price, positioning (segment) and similar data sets of our portfolio, against that of our competitors, per line item and/or segment or crop
- Development of all new product proposals and/or business case submissions & ensure the validity/accuracy of information
- Ensure business cases are managed according to an agreed regional cost budget, following the strategic rules of engagement, with specific focus on resource allocation between “Seed, Harvest & Grow” country segments
- Champion & actively communicate the values, principles & expected operating procedures associated with product Stewardship at every level
What we expect
- A recognised university degree in Business Science (BCom/BSc Com), Marketing, Strategy Development, Business
- Administration or similar. A degree in Agronomy, Agricultural Economics or similar will be beneficial
- A recognised qualification in Project management will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ working experience in marketing and/or business development
- An established level of technical knowledge regarding crop protection solutions will be beneficial
- Well informed & experienced with farming & related agricultural market dynamics in Africa
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company. BASF is an equal opportunity employer which we embrace diversity and the principles of employment equity.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About BASF East Africa Ltd
We create chemistry for a sustainable future In line with our corporate purpose, around 113,000 employees contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our broad portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. In 2014, BASF posted sales of â‚¬74.0 billion and income from operations before special items of approximately â‚¬7.6 billion. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through research and innovation, we support our customers in nearly every industry in meeting the current and future needs of society. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future. A regional sales hub for Eastern Africa, BASF East Africa Ltd., was established in Kenya in mid-2011.It is located in Nairobi and its focus areas in the region are: Agriculture, Construction, Home & personal care, Food ingredients, Performance plastics, Coil coatings Nairobi is also home to the Construction Chemicals plant opened in 2014, which provides construction materials to construction sector in Kenya and the East African region.