Manager, Baraka Farm
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldAgriculture / Agro-Allied
Franciscan Brothers Baraka Agriculture College Farm is one of the Income Generating units of the College.
The objectives of the farm are:
- To generate income and contribute to the college financial sustainability
- To be a practical resources for education and training on good agricultural practices and farm Business
- Providing practical training space/ground for students and interns.
- Producing adequate and wide range of high-quality farm produce to cater for BAC
- Foodstuff and supply to Baraka agriculture Green Market
- Developing and implementing approved farm plans.
- Developing and implementing of quality assurance framework
- Managing and developing production employees in their units to achieve established goals of safety, environmental performance, production volumes, quality, service and cost.
- Ensuring production employees in their units are properly oriented and trained.
- Developing and implementing continuous improvement within their units employees’ performance through regular feedback, coaching and training.
- Ensuring that their units are enhancing the college’s spirit of excellence,profitability and sustainability.
- Reviewing, analyzing and making recommendations regarding safety, environmental performance, quality, profitability, expenses, productivity, and customer feedback.
- Developing and/or implementing sectional reporting as required.
- Managing and controlling the unit’s production budget.
- Maintaining a high standard of professional knowledge, ethics and practices when dealing with customers, suppliers, peers, support staff, line managers and other key stakeholders of Baraka Agriculture College.
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner that reflects integrity and respect towards customers, suppliers, peers, support staff, line managers and other key stakeholders of BAC.
- Understanding, supporting and adhering to the college’s health and safety policies,programs and procedures by communicating and promoting health and safety awareness to coworkers and support staff.
- Liaising with the colleges’ auditors/appointed auditors in conducting the college’s quarterly inventory count.
- Giving specifications for raw materials complying to quality standards for processing.
- Keeping records and observing quality of the products.
- Maintaining machines and equipment.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Diploma in Farm management/sustainable Agriculture/General Agriculture and 2 years’ experience in Farm
- Management or certificate in Farm management/sustainable Agriculture/General Agriculture and 3 years’ experience in Farm Management
- Sound knowledge and demonstrable success of providing leadership in a production environment.
- Effective team builder with demonstrated abilities
- Proven experience of coordinating business direction.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate all levels of personnel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated and self-driven.
- Managing and measuring key performance indicators. Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; Sets clear objectives and measures; Monitors processes,progress and results;
- Designs feedback loops into work.
- Driving for results by being bottom-line oriented; Continuously using self and others for results; Can be counted on to meet and exceed goals successfully.
- Developing Direct Reports and others
- Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments: Holds frequent development and feedback discussions: Understands each person’s goals and ambitions: Constructs compelling development plans and executes them: Pushes People to accept development moves, takes on those who need help and further development; and is a People builder.
- Directing others – Good at establishing clear directions and ensuring they are understood; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two dialogues with others on work and results.
- Building effective teams – Defines success in terms of the whole team, shares wins and success, creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; Lets people finish and be responsible for their work.
- Problem solving – Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer, using rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions;
- Probes all fruitful sources for answers, and sees hidden problems and is excellent athonest analysis.
- Informing – Provides the information people need to know in order to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team of the production unit; Provides Individuals with timely information so that they can make accurate decisions.
- Articulating the strengths and limitations of people inside and outside the college; isa good judge of talent; can accurately predict what people are likely to do across a variety of situations.
- Keeping updated records of all enterprises in the farm.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Applications including relevant testimonials and salary expectations should be addressed to the undersigned to reach Baraka Agriculture College NOT LATER THAN 3.00pm on FRIDAY 15TH January, 2021.
The Human Resource Manager
Baraka Agriculture College
P.O Box 52-20106 Molo.
About Baraka Agriculture College
Founded in 1974, Baraka agricultural College has been known to train farmers and form four leavers on Sustainable Agriculture and Rural development.