National Transport Safety Coordinator
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldEngineering / Technical
Bamburi Cement Limited is looking to employ a National Transport Safety Coordinator to join our Logistics Team. The role reports to the Logistic Operations Manager and requires frequent and extensive travel within the country.
The opportunity at a glance
This position directs the transportation safety management process and provides overall support and guidance to the logistics and safety leadership. The position coordinates the crafting and implementation of programs and strategy in building a culture of safety within the Transportation organization. They introduce and oversee systems and activities to maintain oversight of regulatory compliance status; conducts audits and inspections of the transportation safety management process; and monitors metrics and indices reflecting performance.
- Championing Contractor Management by ensuring Contractor Safety Management standards are implemented in the transporter contracting process and throughout the life of the contract.
- Coordinate and conduct regular engagements within Transport and Logistics service providers to ensure compliance and commitment to Transport Safety Standards.
- Track, monitor and report Transporters safety KPIs with an aim to identify and drive continuous improvement in Safety performance.
- Design and Implement standards for vehicle selection and maintenance that are consistent with established best practices within this area.
- Management of iVMS/GPS tracking systems, including supervision of the Fleet Management Centers and teams.
- Collaborate with contracted Transport Providers as well as site managers, set standards and ensure compliance in driver selection, recruitment and certification.
- Implement the company’s annual transporters safety plan
- Oversee investigation and reporting procedure for all transportation accidents and design of remediation plans as required.
- Ensure compliance to transport safety procedures during pre-loading/off-loading of all vehicles in all flows before entry into our sites.
You will contribute to ensuring that Bamburi Cement achieves its goal of Zero Harm in Transport
- Zero Fatalities
- Zero Lost-Time Accidents
- Zero regulatory safety non-compliance incidents
This job may be for you if you have:
- A degree preferably in Engineering or Science related course or professional qualifications such as
- Diploma in Logistics/ Procurement/ Health and Safety with 5 years’ experience in management of road or
- transport safety within Logistics or Health & Safety.
- Experience with managing teams and designing performance standards at an individual and
- Experience in designing, implementing and monitoring Transporter Safety Standards
- Experience with Transporter/Logistics information systems to drive Health and Safety
- Have more than 5 years driving experience.
- The ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and sponsor new approaches and technology to promote efficiency
- Registration with recognized local or international Safety institutions would be an added advantage.
While you help us deliver world-class construction solutions, we promise to help you grow in a dynamic working environment that offers attractive working conditions and encourages personal and professional development.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Do you have the drive, the skills, and the passion to join us? If you are interested in joining our team, please send your Application Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae containing names of three referees who can provide confidential assessment of your capabilities by 28th February 2021 Please remember to quote the position on the email subject line.
For more information, please visit our website www.lafarge.co.ke. Bamburi Cement Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Bamburi Cement Limited
Bamburi Cement is East Africa's leading cement company with a long and sound history of providing quality innovative construction solutions while being sustainable in its operations.