Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 – 5 years
Job Field Administration / Secretarial
SCOPE AND GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The incumbent is responsible to oversee all reporting staff whilst ensuring that the Operational, Health and Safety & Quality Standards are adhered to. The incumbent’s job purpose is not limited to the above mentioned
- Ensure that daily production targets are met.
- Confirm that the finished product conforms to the set quality standards.
- Ensure that the correct procedure for handling raw materials is adhered to in respect of :
- Correct collection from raw material warehouse.
- Correct placement of raw material back into the warehouse.
- Liaise with the Sales and Customer Service department on a daily basis to ensure that production schedules are confirmed
- Plan shifts for production staff as per business requirements.
- Ensure implementation of good inventory practices such as FIFO(First In, First Out).
- Assist Dispatch Clerk in improving inventory health by participating in monthly cycle counts, bi-annual stock takes and implementing good practices such as FIFO.
DISPATCH & INVENTORY FUNCTIONS
- Oversee dispatch clerk to ensure that daily dispatch quality targets are met as per company standards.
- Ensure that the correct procedure for handling deliveries is bring adhered to in respect of :
- The necessary quality checks have been done on selected consignments
- The correct documentation is issued on time to ensure timely deliveries
- Ensure the proof of deliveries are correctly completed and distributed to the relevant personnel for processing
- Interaction with other functional departments
- Ensure investigations are being done on inventory deviations, and the necessary supporting documentation supplied.
- Ensure product collections are being done as per procedure
- Effectively control scrap:
- Implement a plan to re-evaluate products in “defect” location continuously
- Ensure scrap product is correctly and responsible dispose of when necessary
- Look for opportunities for continuous improvement to improve dispatch processes in conjunction with other team members
- Ensure that all products are correctly slit as per the order
- Investigate customer complaints or product concerns and rectify the issues immediately
- Ensure that the standards of production paperwork and wrapping/labelling on cheeses are correctly followed as per requirement
- Continuously search for opportunities to increase productivity in conjunction with automated reporting system finishing system
MACHINE MAINTENANCE & PROBLEM SOLVING:
- Ensure that all machinery is performing at optimal levels by running static tests as well as trial jobs as per the schedule to ensure that no errors occur
- Order the necessary cleaning & maintenance supplies required for the maintenance of all machines
- Ensure all machines are serviced/cleaned on a daily/weekly/quarterly basis as per the plan. Submit the supporting documentation to the Distribution Centre (DC) Manager
- Resolve emergencies, unplanned maintenance and repairs. Rectify problems on machines as far as possible before acquiring external assistance.
- Oversee any repairs done by external parties to ensure work carried out is as per standard & safety guidelines.
- Be responsible for ensuring compliance to all internal & external regulations e.g. machines & equipment inspection, fire safety inspection, counter calibrations etc
- Maintain spare parts inventory for critical repairs and service.
- Inspect the plant daily – report any deviations regarding equipment, place an order request for the parts required if needed
- Follow strict Preventative Maintenance plan and report any deviations to the DC Manager immediately.
- Ensure machine issues are identified and rectified immediately.
- Identify pinch points and devise an action plan to address such hazards by implementing safety guards, warning labels and other engineering solutions.
- Continuously look for design, layout and safety improvements on all machines.
- Ensure that the finished products are being checked for any issues, throughout the day
- Should there be any discrepancies on the finished product, take corrective action
- Coordinate with the Dispatch Clerk to oversee the final product
- Control the stock that is being utilized by the operations team and ensure that the correct tools are used to perform the correct functions and all the tools are in the best condition conducive to the completion of the task
- Carry out weekly Gemba walks in the Distribution Centre and ensure implementation of safety policies
- Actively seeking out continuous improvement opportunities and implementations thereof.
- Proactively seeking out cost reductions.
- Continuous focus on 5S.
- When on the plant ensure that safety equipment must be worn at all times namely: safety shoes, safety glasses, earplugs, gloves
- Ensure that all Company Safety policies are adhered to at all times
- Constant Focus on reporting and action on near misses and unsafe acts/conditions and behaviours
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR ROLE:
- Aligning Performance for Success
- Building Partnership
- Customer Focus
- Facilitating change
- Initiating Action
- Managing conflict
- Team work
- Planning and Organizing
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- Through knowledge and understanding of operations procedures and processes.
- Computer Literacy- Microsoft office suite (Excel – Essential)
- Warehouse Inventory Managements system experience (E.g. MFGPro/ Nautilus/ Manhattan/ SAP)
- Excellent Communication skills-written and verbal
- Ability to think proactively
- Reliable, dependable and responsible
- Report writing skills
- Numerical skills
- Management skills
- Medically fit
- Identification of staff development needs
Desired Skills and Experience
Operations/Engineering/Production Management qualification
3-5 years experience within the manufacturing industry
Minimum 3 years experience leading teams at Supervisory level
Knowledge and understanding of ELS and continuous improvement initiatives an advantage
Please note that if you have not heard from the HR Department within 30 days of this advert closing, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison Corporation is a global manufacturer and distributor of pressure-sensitive adhesive materials, apparel branding labels and tags, RFID inlays, and specialty medical products