Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 years
Job Field Research / Data Analysis
The primary responsibility of this role is to assist Asante Finance Group to make value and decisions out of the massive data collected from various sources (Core Banking system, SMSes, Social Media, Ecosystem partners data, External economical data, CRB data, etc). The job holder will proactively fetch data (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly) from various sources and analyzes it for a better understanding of how the business is performing and identify areas of improvement and arising opportunities. The resource will also be involved in automating select Data Management processes within Asante Finance, for consumption by the Management team
- Build and maintain a large scale data analytics infrastructure (systems, processes, people) to be used across Asante
- Finance Group (Kenya and emerging markets).
- Consistently conduct research, design, implement, and validate cutting-edge data science algorithms in order to analyze diverse data sources that will assist to drive the desired business outcomes in diverse fronts.
- Translate business requirements into quick prototypes and enable the development of big data capabilities, frameworks, and data governance processes within Asante Finance.
- Assist in developing and implementing a program of continuous improvement of Business Intelligence processes through a cycle of analysis of existing systems, processes, and tools, identifying areas for improvement, implementing high-impact changes and getting feedback from Asante Finance stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain documentation/manuals on data lineage, data integration and system configuration for
- Data Management systems.
- Provide input on the design of data extracts and static reports for external parties and statutory reports.
- Ensure that reports for external parties are checked, validated, and signed off before circulation (example balancing to the GL, source to source checking)
- Provide consultation and advice to business teams during the development of Data Models (for reporting, analytical or predictive purposes)
- Secure Asante Finance Data Landscape (BI systems, reporting systems, data warehouse, etc) by putting adequate controls and restrict access to data in the operational data stores, staging environment, and data marts by users in accordance with the requirements of Asante Finance.
- Formulate measurable and data-driven Key Performance Indicators that will drive Asante Finance performance measurement, reporting, and analytics across all business functions (weekly, monthly, and yearly)
- Engage in research activities that assist Asante Finance to get insights and indicators from external and market Data
- Provide a weekly and a monthly Insights, Competition, Emerging Trends, and Performance Dashboard, whilst taking cognizance of observed and collected Data Metrics (to be presented to the CEO and the entire Asante Finance Management team)
Key performance indicators
- Asante Finance Group Data Strategy-Develop an overarching Data Strategy, Governance Framework, and Policy that Asante Finance shall apply & adopt in its lending operations (with a mapping of all applicable Data Points and recommended Data platforms that Asante Finance shall adopt, and for what purposes)
- Data Audit-Performance an audit of Asante’s current data, highlighting any gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Automation-Review and assess currently available daily, weekly, monthly reports & dashboards with a view of automating or improving what’s currently not automated or automated and can be improved.
- Daily Reports & Dashboards-Produce daily, weekly and monthly reports and dashboards for management team consumption
- Asante Finance Credit Scoring Platform- In liaison with the Head of Engineering, continue to enhance the Credit
- Scoring Platform that will be used within Asante Finance’s lending operations
- Industry Intelligence Report- Produce a monthly data-focused industry intelligence report that will provide insights on emerging trends, market trends, and regulator issues that may have a negative or positive impact on Asante Finance Business.
- Bachelor of Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or Information Systems from a recognized University.
- Deep analytical and research skills
- Personal organization and planning skills
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent communications and presentation skills, to be able to inform and persuade both orally and in writing
- Credit skills and experience is compulsory
- Team player
- Problem solver
- Analytical thinker
- Creative thinker
- 5 years or more experience in a similar role
- Background in a quantitative discipline with a focus on at least any one of the following fields: data analytics, machine learning, big data analytics, or computer science.
- Background in Credit Risk and/or Credit Operations in a financial institution or Credit Bureau is compulsory
- Extensive experience with Bash, GIT, and Python IDEs.
- Understanding of and experience with using Big Data techniques.
- Experience in using a data warehouse and proficiency in SQL.
- Working knowledge of information technology environments, administration, policies, and processes.
- Experience in R and/or Python.
- Machine learning and predictive modeling experience.
MODE OF APLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Asante Financial Services Group
Asante Africa Foundation is an educational nonprofit organization that believes in the power of knowledge as a catalyst to help young people create a future where they can live their potential. We provide internship and volunteer opportunities to those who want to create an impact and build strong communities. We partner with local East African leaders to create safe healthy learning environments, strengthen teacher qualities, enhance learning environments, and provide scholarships and leadership training. We know that enriched minds collectively create better solutions to whatever challenges their communities face.
The benefits of volunteering with an African non-profit are many. You will gain insight into the day-to-day operations of a nimble, results-oriented, high-growth nonprofit organization. You will have the opportunity to see your ideas and contributions be implemented. You will also build your resume and gain references for future employment opportunities.