Internal Audit Assistant
KEY PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviewing various business processes and documents to check for controls and compliance with the company policies which includes Physical Asset verification and conducting systems audits. This involves:Conducting interviews during audits;
- Preparing working papers for the various audits;
- Developing and administering surveys;
- Summarizing audit issues;
- Detecting fraud and conducting follow up investigations;
- Identifying all risks including people, technology and process risks, and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of controls;
- Conducting data extraction, analysis, and security reviews utilizing software tools to guide the audit process;
- Identifying and documenting audit issues and recommendations concerning areas being reviewed;
- The performance of ad hoc assignments as required (e.g. investigations, advisory engagements)
Bachelors’ degree in Commerce/Accounting /Finance or related discipline
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Analytical Skills
- Report writing skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- CPA Section IV / ACCA equivalent
- At least 3 years work experience in a reputable firm or insurance company.
- Experience in forensic audit will be an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About APA Life Assurance Company Ltd
Apollo Group (Apollo Investments Limited)was an idea born from the need to harness synergies across the insurance business. Built on commitment, integrity and innovation, it has risen to be one of the leading financial groups in East Africa. Apollo Investments Limited (AIL) includes APA Insurance (Kenya and Uganda). It underwrites General Insurance risks such as Fire, Marine, Aviation, Personal Accident, Motor, Liability, Agriculture, Property, and Micro Insurance. We also underwrite Health Insurance i.e. Corporate, Individual & Family Health Insurance. APA Life Assurance is one of the leading insurance companies in Kenya providing Life Insurance and Pension benefits.It has been recognised as The Best Insurance Company in Claims Settlement (Life Business). Our Individual products, APA Elimu,Pumzisha, Imarika and HosiCare aim to protect generations as well as help people from all walks of life to meet common needs. Apollo Asset Management which is an investment and wealth management firm licensed by the Retirement Benefits Authority (RBA) and the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) to conduct fund management and investment advisory services. Gordon Court (Apollo Conference Centre) is the premier event hosting location for both business and private functions in the city. From business conferences to private occasions, Apollo Conference Centre provides the ultimate meeting place. Established in 1977 as one of the first locally owned insurance companies, Apollo has achieved impressive growth over the years thanks to commitment to service and confidence of policyholders and a sound management policy. APA Apollo has been at the fore front of Innovations and taking bold and daring steps in the Insurance and Financial service sectors.