We are seeking two (2) high calibre Associates who will report to the Litigation Partners.
In more detail, the areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Assisting Senior Associates and Partners in novel, complex and high value litigation, dispute resolution matters, corporate fraud, economic, competition, anti-bribery and corruption investigations and all other areas of law related to the foregoing.
- Drafting and reviewing pleadings, court documents and correspondence.
- Attending court to represent clients.
- Attending client meetings in and out of the office.
- Undertaking due diligence on litigation matters.
- Providing legal and technical advice including drafting legal opinions.
- Prudent financial management of files i.e., collection of deposit, time recording, monitoring work in progress, raising invoices and following up on payments.
- Building and maintaining good networks and relationships with clients and potential clients.
- Facilitating/participating in departmental trainings.
- Participating in business development.
- Contributing to the litigation department’s knowledge management.
- Participating in the review and/or drafting of legislation.
Experience and personal qualities
- Law Degree and an advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- At least two to three years’ post qualification experience in litigation.
- Excellent matter management skills.
- Proficient in the use of IT Systems including Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate clearly with a range of people from diverse backgrounds.
The following personal qualities are preferred:
- Ability to multitask and handle varied moving parts in a complex and demanding environment.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Extremely organised and efficient.
- Ability to communicate and present effectively and persuasively, in person and in writing.
- The ability to build and maintain highly effective working relationships with a range of people (both internally and externally).
- Commitment to teamwork and working in a professional manner; and
- Commitment to our mission and strong ethical integrity.
- The roles will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, with potential travel within other towns in Kenya and/or East Africa.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
If your career aspirations match this opportunity, please send your cover letter and CV referencing this position LA/LIT/21 by 4:00pm (GMT) on Thursday, 4th March 2021.
About Anjarwalla & Khanna | ALN
Anjarwalla & Khanna (A&K) is the largest corporate law firm in Eastern Africa, with over 90 lawyers, and is generally considered the leading full-service corporate law firm in Kenya. Our clients include some of the most sophisticated international and regional businesses, including listed companies, banking and financial institutions, insurance companies, private equity funds, venture capital and institutional equity investors, telecommunication companies, project developers and financiers, multilateral lenders, industrial and commercial companies, real estate developers, professional firms as well as government and public organizations. The firm has offices in both Nairobi and Mombasa, Kenya’s main commercial centres. A&K has also established an office in Dubai. Anjarwalla Collins Haidermota (AC&H), a legal consultancy firm that provides corporate and commercial legal services, is the first African firm to be licensed in the UAE. Through AC&H, we are able to seamlessly service clients based in the Middle East on their transactions in Africa.