Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldLaw / Legal
Seeking an ambitious and high performing Principal Associate within our Corporate Commercial department.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Being involved in negotiations with clients and relevant counter-parties to transactions and/or projects in a variety of industries including telecoms, financial services, education, fintech, healthcare, FMCG, agriculture, manufacturing, etc;
- Drafting and reviewing of standard M&A transactional agreements including share purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, investment and subscription agreements and shareholder agreements;
- Drafting of relevant ancillary documents such as NDAs, letters of intent, term sheets, applications for regulatory approvals, board and shareholder resolutions, closing documentation, etc;
- Being involved in due diligence investigations on target companies, leading multi-jurisdictional due diligence teams and coordinating the preparation of the due diligence and/or regulatory reports;
- Conducting effective legal research and drafting opinions on various corporate, commercial and regulatory matters, including corporate governance;
- Providing solution-oriented advice to clients on legal issues, risk and regulatory compliance and contract management strategy;
- Interacting regularly with current and prospective clients in order to build and develop a good network and relationships;
- Having the ability to formulate and present trainings and seminars to juniors and potentially clients on corporate related drafting, coordination and teamwork.
Experience and personal qualities
- Law Degree and an advocate of the High Court of Kenya or equivalent qualifications.
- At least four years’ experience in a fast-paced corporate commercial legal environment.
- Demonstrated experience in working on large scale transactions with multiple stakeholders and client handling skills.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting share purchase, share subscription and shareholders agreements, associated documents and the negotiation of the same.
- Experience in Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience managing a team or teams.
- Proficient in the use of IT Systems including Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent verbal, oratory and written communication skills and an ability to communicate clearly with a range of people from diverse backgrounds.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
If your career aspirations match this opportunity, please send your cover letter and CV referencing this position PA/CCO/21 by 4:00pm (GMT) on Wednesday, 24th February 2021.
About Anjarwalla & Khanna | ALN
Anjarwalla & Khanna (A&K) is the largest corporate law firm in Eastern Africa, with over 90 lawyers, and is generally considered the leading full-service corporate law firm in Kenya. Our clients include some of the most sophisticated international and regional businesses, including listed companies, banking and financial institutions, insurance companies, private equity funds, venture capital and institutional equity investors, telecommunication companies, project developers and financiers, multilateral lenders, industrial and commercial companies, real estate developers, professional firms as well as government and public organizations. The firm has offices in both Nairobi and Mombasa, Kenya’s main commercial centres. A&K has also established an office in Dubai. Anjarwalla Collins Haidermota (AC&H), a legal consultancy firm that provides corporate and commercial legal services, is the first African firm to be licensed in the UAE. Through AC&H, we are able to seamlessly service clients based in the Middle East on their transactions in Africa.