Regional Agronomist – East Africa
- Efficiently deliver commercial goals as agreed in the business plans and deliver appropriate product knowledge to be able to effectively use polyhalite fertilisers.
- Agree, execute, deliver and monitor commercial agronomic demonstrations
Source and assess local providers in conjunction with commercial partners (as available)
- Deliver agronomic input into agreed business plans.
- Scope, agree, deliver and monitor technical agronomic programmes
- Collaborate with colleagues to help design roadmaps of technical work required to fulfill business requirements.
- Support activities during marketing events of the product, e.g. farmer demo-days, conferences and agricultural cooperatives.
- Provide a resource of regional agricultural, agronomic, profit/cost drivers, soil, environmental and fertiliser use knowledge.
- Translate knowledge into USPs for fertiliser products in conjunction with other team members
- Deliver agronomic knowledge transfer for stakeholders.
- Support business development, through commercial leadership, so that all elements of fertiliser supply chain can be targeted.
- Support product logistics and registrations.
- Contribute to regional consideration of environmental impact of polyhalite fertilisers and agriculture, as required.
- Develop individual capabilities to improve professional and business performance as required.
- Liaise with central office function in respect of data requirements and monitoring.
- Ensure compliance in line with code of conduct
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- A university bachelor’s degree or master’s qualification in an appropriate agriculture/agronomy/soil sciences discipline.
- Expert understanding of planning, implementing, managing, and reporting crop trials including reporting yield and quality benefits.
- Advanced understanding of advising and implementing farmer’s best practice program.
- Advanced in adhering to safety practices and protocols.
- Advanced understanding of advising and implementing straight fertilizer programs, as well as multi nutrient programs.
- Proficient understanding of financial benefits of commercial analysis in coordination with the commercial team.
- Developing experience and network with fertilizer producers, research providers, crops associations, agricultural cooperatives, or fertilizer wholesale of local importance.
- Developing an understanding of trial design, interpretation, and statistical evaluations.
- Good communication skills in English and local languages are essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Anglo American
Anglo American is a leading global mining company and our products are the essential ingredients in almost every aspect of modern life. Our portfolio of world-class competitive mining operations and undeveloped resources provides the metals and minerals that enable a cleaner, greener, more sustainable world and that meet the fast growing consumer-driven demands of the world’s developed and maturing economies.