Business Development Representative
Our Business Development Representatives (BDR) will focus on lead generation for our account executive team.
You will evangelize Angaza by generating new business through outbound efforts and conducting initial high level conversations with executives in small to mid market accounts to fuel our growth. Once qualified, you will introduce our Account Executives for closing of the deal. By working closely with our sales team, you will identify and pursue target accounts. As part of the herd, you will contribute to the growth of our mission and company objectives of bringing life-changing products to anyone, anywhere.
The right candidate will thrive in this exciting and entrepreneurial role and will easily transition between strategy and execution to accommodate our rapidly expanding mid-to-large enterprise customer base. The position has the potential to grow in scope and evolve in many different directions depending on your strengths and career goals. The role is based in Nairobi and reports directly to the Head of Sales.
- Develop a plan to identify and pursue small to mid market accounts
- Actively pursue target accounts – engage in initial high level discussion
- Refine account qualification metrics
- Identify and uncover latent and explicit needs of mid to large enterprise prospects
- Collaborate with existing sales team and leadership to develop a process of prospect identification
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Business French language proficiency is required for this position
- Have world class prospecting skills (lead generation)
- Have great communication skills
- Are a self starter and embody an entrepreneurial attitude
- Have a competitive spirit
- Can collaborate and influence in a “win as a team” environment
- Are resourceful and coachable
- Are self aware and reflective
- Want to be part of changing lives
- 1-3 years of corporate sales experience, software sales a plus.
- A bachelor’s degree is encouraged.
- Business proficiency in French is required.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Angaza’s Pay-As-You-Go solution enables businesses to extend flexible solar payment plans to the billion individuals without access to grid electricity. Our platform allows manufacturers and distributors of off-grid energy products to expand their customer base and access data-driven market insights. Angaza’s partners can launch their Pay-As-You-Go program today without the investment of building and operating the necessary technology. Through a licensing model, Angaza offers a complete Pay-As-You-Go platform that redefines how off-grid energy products are purchased, financed, and monitored in emerging markets. This presents an opportunity for over one billion people to purchase solar products for less than they currently spend on inferior energy options like burning kerosene. Angaza’s Pay-As-You-Go technology is suitable for a variety of products ranging from 1/2-watt solar study lights to 200+ watt solar home systems, as well as electronic clean cookstoves, micro-grid meters, and solar water pumps. Angaza's Pay-As-You-Go technology is used by manufacturers and distributors in 15 countries across Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, and Latin America. For more on Angaza, please visit www.angaza.com!