QA Engineering Manager (Technology)
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our part
What You’ll Do
Andela’s Technology department is charged with implementing products that will help Andela to scale with consistency and quality, while providing excellent service internally and externally. We are building a technology powered marketplace to connect talent with opportunity.
In this role, you will work as an QA Manager within the Technology department leading a full stack team. You will manage up to 10 engineers providing mentoring and coaching and maintaining innovative processes that monitor the health of the engineering team.
- Manage engineers
- Manage QA team members with different skill sets and technical areas of focus
- Mentor and coach the QA engineers and ensure their success
- Encourage and promote best QA engineering practices
- Encourage a data-driven culture to improve the efficiency, scalability, and stability of our products
- Support QA engineers in identifying, resolving and escalating issues that impact their work
- Manage and track QA engineers on performance and career development
- Provide technical leadership and guidance
- Guide the team in the development of test cases and the execution of all functional QA testing.
- Responsible for setting goals for the team and ensuring delivery of results.
- Partner with QA engineers to improve and automate testing processes.
- Provide scoping and estimation feedback to the business
- Make technology choices working with the team members
- Drive issue resolution and ensure production system uptime
- Manage, measure and improve engineering processes
- Continuously improves Andelas software development lifecycle processes
- Oversee all defect identification, triage, and management. Coordinate defect reporting from customers, our customer success team, and other sources.
- Improve release planning and sprint execution
- Plan and manage a QA engineering roadmap, clearly articulating motivations and rationale.
- Plan, track, and manage QA for multiple in-flight engineering projects. Own timelines for all QA work.
- Drive prioritization and issue resolution approaches
- Refine onboarding and offboarding processes for engineering team members
- Collaborate with key stakeholders within and across department
- Ensure collaboration with Engineer leadership and across Engineering teams
- Advocate for and ensure prioritization of technical initiatives working with Product Managers.
- Engage with users and key stakeholders to understand problems and requirements
- Responsible for measuring and reporting on defect rates for all platforms.
- Identify potential candidates that best fit our roles (e.g. team leads, senior engineers)
- Interview and evaluate prospective talent to ensure fit
- Facilitate onboarding of new hires
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Andela provides companies with access to the top 1% of global tech talent. We identify high-potential developers on the African continent, shape them into world-class technical leaders, and pair them with companies as full-time, distributed team members. Accelerate your product roadmap while minimizing time spent interviewing, on-boarding, and training new hires. Andela is backed by investors including Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV, Spark Capital, Omidyar Network, Susa Ventures, Steve Case, Founder Collective, Learn Capital and more. Learn more about us at www.andela.com. Specialties