Office Support Staff (Mombasa)
AMURT is located in Central region, Nyanza region, Samburu County and Coastal region of Kenya.
- Support the admin officer in smooth planning and implementation of the Tujitegemee project on all administrative assignments
- Ensure all essential service is provided on office requirements, services provision on internet, cleaning, security, utilities and other needs are undertaken as guided by the Admin Officer
- Ensure meetings in the office are well coordinated with adequate preparations done through bookings and recording of visitors
- Manage office petty cash with approvals by the admin officer and timely submission for replenishment from the finance team
- Support the admin officer in ensuring all logistics requirements for staff requests on use of office vehicles for official use by adhering to procedures
- The staff will help the office admin to ensure all vehicles are well maintained, repaired and meet the minimum traffic requirements as per the Traffic Act
- Ensure all office purchases that are below the procurement processes threshold are availed by use of petty cash
- Manage all parcel delivery to and from the Mombasa office
- The staff should be able to support the office Admin to maintain office records and timely sharing them with the relevant teams when required.
- Diploma in Business Administration or Business Management or relevant degree.
- At least 4 years of experience in same or similar role
- Proven experience working in an office environment supporting doing support functions
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of business management.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials by 11th April 2021 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number as the email subject. Interview will be done on a rolling basis and Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
“AMURT is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child safe guarding.”
About Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT)
AMURT’s mission is to help improve the quality of life for the poor and disadvantaged people of the world, and those affected by calamity and conflict. We encourage and enable individuals and communities to harness their own resources for securing the basic necessities of life and for gaining greater economic, social and spiritual fulfillment, while honoring their customs, language, and religious beliefs. AMURT (Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team) is one of the few private international humanitarian organizations founded in India. Since its inception in 1965 its original objective was to help meet the needs of the affected population after disasters that regularly hit the Indian sub-continent. Over the years AMURT has established teams in thirty-four countries, to create a network that can meet disaster and development needs almost anywhere in the world. In 1985 we broadened our goals to include long-term development. We feel that we can play a useful role in helping vulnerable communities break the cycle of poverty and gain greater control over their lives. For us, development is human exchange: people sharing wisdom, knowledge and experience to build a better world. AMURT is establishing a number of regional hubs in Kenya that will serve as engines of development into the foreseeable future. These development centers reflect AMURT’s commitment to long-term dialogue and action with local communities to support their efforts to improve life. One such development center is located in Wamba in remote Samburu district that serves as the tribal homeland of the Samburu people. AMURT began working there in response to severe drought conditions in 2011, providing emergency food and medical relief to the affected population. Since then AMURT has supported projects that have developed vegetable gardening, strengthened women’s groups, built school infrastructure, changed attitudes towards the roles of women and children in society, and improved maternal health care.