Human Resource Consultancy
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldHuman Resources / HR
Results we seek
Under the direction of the Executive Director, we seek a consultant to coordinate a change management plan that supports our transition to the new Strategic Plan in a manner that ensures;
The rationale for and acceptance of change is maintained, ensuring staff remain informed and empowered throughout the process of restructuring
Principles of fair administrative treatment and equal employment opportunity are applied in the structuring new roles, responsibilities and remuneration;
Amnesty’s reputation as an employer of choice is maintained in the job market
- Internalize, create and coordinate a detailed workplan for December 2020-January 2021.
- Advise Executive Director, Strategy Taskforce and Board on legal standards and best practices
- Produce documents, timelines and processes to professionally and humanely manage the changes required, recruitment, redeployment and redundancies, open communication fora and employee support channels
- With fifteen staff, this is expected to take roughly 30 days work spread over the two months of December and January.
- At least a Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field or five years of HR professional experience
- Demonstrated familiarity with HR strategy, recruitment, performance and retention systems
- Familiarity with the Kenyan labor laws and international not-for-profit HR best practices
- Excellent inter-personal, tact and empathetic listening skills
- Fluent level of written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Demonstrated experience of managing cultural transformation and change management
- Demonstrated experience of leadership development coaching
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Amnesty International
Amnesty Kenya was founded in 2002 and operates with specific goals and objectives for improving lives and upholding human rights for the citizens of Kenya and the surrounding areas. These initiatives include, but are not limited to: Right to Adequate Housing and Safety in Impoverished Neighborhoods Sexual and Gender Based Violence Education on Improving Relations Between Law Enforcement and Residents Growth and Human Rights Education Active Involvement of Youth for a Better Tomorrow Amnesty Kenya operates independently of any government, political ideology or religion and we are funded mainly by our membership and public donations. It is our hope that people-from every walk of life-enjoy all the rights outlined by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international human rights standards. Our efforts have affected positive change, but there is still work to be done.