Amnesty Kenya Constitution Revision Consultancy
Job TypeFull Time
Results we seek
Under the direction of the Executive Director, we seek a consultant to coordinate the revision of our current constitution in line with the following;
Nine new organisational principles for the new organisational constitution
Legal standards set within the NGO Coordination Act, Rules and Regulations
- Review the current founding constitution against new organizational principles, NGO Coordination Act and best practices for accountable not-for-profit organisations
- Consult and advise Management team and Board on legal standards and best practices
- Write a draft new organizational constitution, support the Executive Director in presentations to various stakeholders and revise draft accordingly
- It is expected that this work will take roughly 10 days work spread over December.
- At least a Bachelors’ legal degree or two years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated familiarity with governance and management of not for profit organisations and associations
- Familiarity with the NGO Coordination Act and international not-for-profit best practices
- Excellent legal drafting and listening
- Fluent level of written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Demonstrated experience of managing legal transformation and change management
- Demonstrated experience of leadership development coaching
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Amnesty International
Amnesty Kenya was founded in 2002 and operates with specific goals and objectives for improving lives and upholding human rights for the citizens of Kenya and the surrounding areas. These initiatives include, but are not limited to: Right to Adequate Housing and Safety in Impoverished Neighborhoods Sexual and Gender Based Violence Education on Improving Relations Between Law Enforcement and Residents Growth and Human Rights Education Active Involvement of Youth for a Better Tomorrow Amnesty Kenya operates independently of any government, political ideology or religion and we are funded mainly by our membership and public donations. It is our hope that people-from every walk of life-enjoy all the rights outlined by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international human rights standards. Our efforts have affected positive change, but there is still work to be done.