Senior Legal Counsel, Risk & Compliance
Why Airtel Africa?
At Airtel Africa, we act with passion, energy, and a can-do attitude. Innovation with an entrepreneurial spirit drive us. If you like “ordinary”, then we are not for you.
We champion diversity. We anticipate, adapt, and deliver solutions that enrich the lives of communities we serve. we roll up our sleeves to win with our customers.
By choosing Airtel, you choose to be part of a winning team. All this in addition to a brilliant opportunity to build a career in your field of expertise, across our different operating companies in Africa.
- Managing/attending board meetings,
- Briefing Regional Operations Directors and other Exco members,
- Managing cross-OpCo and shareholder legal matters, including liaising with head office
- Assist, support and guide OPCO legal directors in respect of all aspects of legal department management and activity
- Ensuring optimal quality of legal service provided (standards, timeliness, accuracy…)
- Act on internal audit findings and recommendations as and when required in order to close gaps in compliance and governance
- Identifying areas of development, addressing staffing issues
- Rendering both contractual and strategic advice,
- Partnering with business owners to ensure productive and robust alliances,
- Commercial risk management and entity structuring.
- Leading Group-level disputes, including managing outside counsel and pre-litigation and litigation management responsibilities; monitoring and managing OpCo litigation portfolio
- Responsible for orderly strategic and project management of OPCO jurisdictions
What will make you successful?
- Degrees in Common and Civil law
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience
- Substantial experience in commercial contract drafting/negotiation, M&A transactions, licenses negotiation (in a regulated environment), substantial litigation responsibility, and experience with IP
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills, including the ability simultaneously navigate through complicated issues and communicate only the important aspects in a clear and concise manner at all levels within the organization and across linguistic/geographic lines
- Experience in developing strong business partnerships with senior executives
- Ability to evaluate issues from legal and business perspectives with a practical, business-oriented, common sense approach to complex problem solving
- Effectively balance risk and opportunity, thinking creatively to enable the business to make smart decisions
- Demonstrated ability to ensure the selection, development, motivation and retention of less senior attorneys and legal staff
- Excellent attention to detail and judgment
- Unimpeachable integrity; and
- Flexibility, adaptability.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Airtel Africa
Bharti Airtel Limited is an Indian global telecommunications services company based in New Delhi, India. It operates in 18 countries across South Asia, Africa, and the Channel Islands.