Job TypeFull Time
We are searching for Kenya’s smartest and most caring Pharmaceutical Technologist who want to become amazing all-around evidence-based provider.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review and execute physician’s prescriptions checking their appropriateness and legality
- Organize the pharmacy in an efficient manner to make the identification of products easier and faster
- Maintain full control over delivering, stocking and labeling medicine and other products and monitor their condition to prevent expiring or deterioration
- Listen carefully to customers to interpret their needs and issues and offer information and advice
- Prepare medicine when appropriate using correct dosages and material for each individual patient
- Keep records of patient history and of all activities regarding heavy medication
- Comply with all applicable legal rules, regulations and procedures
- Dispense drugs as prescribed
- Participate in counselling of patients taking antiretroviral drugs in order to promote compliance with the prescribed regimen
- Sourcing for drugs appropriately and liaise with procurement department in placement of orders
- Making and follow-up of order to ensure they arrive on time
- Locate, remove and discard any expired drugs as per the regulations of Public Health
- Attend approved job trainings e.g. seminars or workshops
- Conduct monthly physical stock counts
- Lead and manage the pharmacy team ensuring motivation of the team, building and encouraging teamwork, ensuring proper coverage, impartial allocation of duties, ensuring completion of assigned daily duties
- Supervision of work ensuring quality standards of service are met and maintained
- Ensure good store keeping practice for all the drugs
- Ensure high quality of drugs is stocked in the pharmacy
- Attend to morning devotion without fail
- Performs other duties as assigned by Pharmacy Incharge
Required Qualifications and Experience
- MUST have atleast 2 years of work experience
- MUST be registered with Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- MUST have a valid practicing license
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Send your Application letter and CV and state how your experience matches the specifications before 21st January, 2021.
About AIC Githumu Mission Hospital
AIC Githumu Mission Hospital is an award-winning mission hospital located in Githumu 45km west of Thika Town in Muranga County. For generations, we have grown rising to be among the best mission hospitals in Kenya because of our excellent standards and the high quality of services and personal care we provide. We are pacesetters in our field, inspired by our core value of care. We care about the dignity of our patients and strive to become a one-stop healthcare provider in Kenya.