Corporation Secretary/Head of Legal Division
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldLaw / Legal
HR/CS/005/2020 (I POST)
Scope: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. Shall be the Chief Legal advisor to the Corporation, Head of Legal Division, Secretary to the Board and shall ensure that all legal matters affecting the Corporation are handled expeditiously.
Person specifications and Qualifications
The suitable person should meet the following job requirements;
- Bachelors Degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized University.
- Masters degree in Law (LLM) (added advantage).
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Certified Public Secretary CPS (K) in good professional standing.
- Current practicing certificate.
- Proficiency in Computer applications.
- Conversant with Land laws.
- 8 years post-qualification experience in legal practice, 5 of which should be at Managerial position.
- Knowledge of Corporate Governance.
The duties and responsibilities shall include the following;
- Providing professional advice and responsible for all Legal matters impacting the Corporation.
- Preparing and ensuring appropriate execution of all Contracts and Leases.
- Overseeing Insurance matters of the Corporation.
- Ensuring the Corporation is represented in all issues requiring legal redress.
- Advising Management on current legal developments relevant to the Corporation
- Ensuring compliance with relevant Corporation Policies and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for all litigation, conveyance matters and managing all legal issues in the Corporation in Liaison with external legal counsel or 3rd parties.
- Responsible for developing/reviewing all Legal instruments entered into by the Corporation to ensure that the
- Corporation interests are protected.
- Managing all aspects of the Board and Committee processes.
- Providing technical guidance and advice on internal governance requirements, regulations and Board process.
- Coordinating the governance audit process.
In addition, all applicants should submit certified copies of compliance/clearance certificates:
- Police clearance certificate(DCI)
- Tax compliance certificate ( KRA).
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) clearance certificate
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) clearance certificate.
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) Certificate
Terms of offer
The appointment shall be on a three (3) year contractual term renewable subject to performance.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should apply quoting the position reference, attach detailed CV, indicating current position, qualifications, work experience, current remuneration, certified copies of academic and professional certificates ,day time telephone contact, e-mail address, names and contacts of three (3) referees, and expected salary on or before 10th December, 2020.
The applications should be sent to the following address:-
The Managing Director
Agricultural Development Corporation
P.O. Box 47101-00100
or drop at Development House, 10th floor
ADC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, People with Disabilities and people from the marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
About Agricultural Development Corporation
Agricultural Development Corporation is a Government Parastatal, which was established in 1965 through an Act of Parliament Cap 346, to facilitate the land transfer programme from European settlers to locals following the country’s independence. It was also to be a stabilizing factor to assist in maintaining the good quality livestock and continuity of the breeding programs in the affected farms. With the successful completion of the land transfer programme, revision of objectives of the Corporation was done resulting in the Act of Parliament Cap 444 of 1986.As per this Act, the functions of the Corporation were redefined to include promotion and execution of agricultural schemes and reconstruction in Kenya by initiating, assisting or expansion of agricultural undertaking ands and enterprises. It is on the basis of this Act that the Corporation runs its operations across the country.