Senior Accounts Clerk – Computer Section
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 years
Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
- Bachelor of Commerce/CPA II or equivalent
- KCSE mean grade C plain or its equivalent
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a busy accounting/credit management department.
- Proficient in MS Office suite.
- Formal training in customer care or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and customer service skills
- Reporting to the Team Leader, Corporate, the Senior Accounts Clerk (Computer Section) will ensure that all the corporate unallocated credits are maintained at the lowest possible level of the current bench mark and also prepare accurate and timely debtors reports as per the agreed timings.
- Offer prompt and satisfactory services to internal and external clients as per the established policies and procedures of the department;
- Receipt allocation of cheques received from corporate and individuals;
- Ensure all payments from corporate and individual clients, adjusting entries and credit notes raised are reconciled to the respective debit entries as per the remittance advice provided by the clients;
- File cheque copies and match receipts posting with batch list on a daily basis;
- Follow up on reconciliation advice and schedules from clients for outstanding credits in their accounts by making calls and writing mails;
- Ensure that unallocated credits schedule is updated on a timely basis;
- Maintain timely and accurate departmental reports i.e. individual corporate performance
- Participate in preparation of service audits to enable the department to achieve its quality objective
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Aga Khan University (AKU)
The Aga Khan University is a private, autonomous university that promotes human welfare through research, teaching and community service initiatives. Based on the principles of quality, access, impact and relevance, the University has campuses and programmes in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, the United Kingdom, Afghanistan and Pakistan. Its facilities include teaching hospitals, Faculties of Health Sciences with Schools of Nursing and Midwifery and Medical Colleges, Institutes for Educational Development, an Examination Board and an Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilisations. The Graduate School of Media and Communications, the East African Institute, the Institute for Human Development and the Kiswahili Centre have been launched recently while several Graduate Professional Schools and Faculties of Arts and Sciences are to be set up in Pakistan and East Africa. Through its needs-blind admissions policy, the University imbues the most promising leaders and thinkers of tomorrow with an ethic of service and the skills to help communities solve their most pressing challenges. The Aga Khan University is one of nine agencies in the Aga Khan Development Network.